Soup Diet?

Watch
LilyAustin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm about to start a soup diet (not the cabbage one) tomorrow and plan to do it for eleven days as eating soup for so long can't be that healthy for you.

I will eat soup for lunch, tea and an hour before I go to bed, for breakfast I will have a nutrient bar. I will also be doing cardio 1 hour a day and doing some yoga.

My question is as this will only be for 11 days will I get results?
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What results are you looking to get from this? I wouldn't recommend it, there's not enough nutrition in eating only soup and you'll be perpetually hungry.
LilyAustin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
10lb loss
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LilyAustin)
10lb loss
Losing 10lbs of fat in a week isn't particularly healthy, and I'm afraid not even a diet consisting purely of soup for 11 days is going to let you do that! Crash diets and fad diets notoriously fail, because people who follow them just go back to their old eating habits once they finish them and add the weight back on.

If you're looking for advice about weight loss generally, we have a handy dandy FAQ that covers this topic if you want to give it a gander.
Reece Sure
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Soup is a relatively broad term. With dieting it dosent really mater what exactly it is you are eating, it's what it contains that matters. Information regarding the macronutrients in the products aswell as the rest of the nutrional information, or at least links to the products/ food you'll be using, are necesary for any sort of informed valid response. You also seem to miss out information regarding your height, weight, and what kind of physical exertion you undergo per day. Without providing any meaningful information that would let anyone remotely qualified or informed help come to a conclusion or answer for you, you're not really doing much for yourself in terms of getting an answer.

Please refer yourself to the following link that I believe holds relevant and up to date information to get your starting on your journey of losing weight and towards better living and living better.

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The things people do to avoid going on a healthy calorie controlled diet for an adequate period of time...
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LilyAustin)
I'm about to start a soup diet (not the cabbage one) tomorrow and plan to do it for eleven days as eating soup for so long can't be that healthy for you.

I will eat soup for lunch, tea and an hour before I go to bed, for breakfast I will have a nutrient bar. I will also be doing cardio 1 hour a day and doing some yoga.

My question is as this will only be for 11 days will I get results?
If this isn't for a legitimate health reason (including weight loss) then this is ****ing dumb. Just eat 3 meals a day and exercise
JeffreyPhelps
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It may work or may not, I don't know. But I am not in a favor of only eating soup for 11 days. It doesn't have sufficient nutrition or proteins you need in your daily routine. Yes, if you take some solid food with soup, then it can be more effective. I think being healthy is far better than being skinny.
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Losing 10lbs of fat in a week isn't particularly healthy, and I'm afraid not even a diet consisting purely of soup for 11 days is going to let you do that! Crash diets and fad diets notoriously fail, because people who follow them just go back to their old eating habits once they finish them and add the weight back on.

If you're looking for advice about weight loss generally, we have a handy dandy FAQ that covers this topic if you want to give it a gander.
Completely this.

Why must a diet give you results in 7 days or less for it to be considered worthwhile. The key is to completely change how you view food and exercise to make that permanent change.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol.

Going to the toilet will be fun.
Nurein
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only soup can't do anything do regular exercise and eat diet foods which would be good for your health.
ldsbabe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I honestly wouldn't do that if I were you. I did a smoothie/soup only diet but I did it for a little over 2 weeks.
I lost 14 pounds but I piled it on plus more straight after.
Change your diet and your lifestyle.
Quick fixes aren't healthy and they aren't permanent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads