Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am so cross I'm gonna have to have a rant :mad: ! Managed to drag myself out of bed with an awful lot of effort and made it to work on time. I go into the warehouse and the Team Leader asks if the woman from the agency called me last night to tell me I wasn't needed today. Apparently not! So unimpressed. I was supposed to be working al least two weeks, starting 4 weeks ago. I've managed 5 days becasue they keep phoning me up and cancelling (or not phoning as they did today!) Stupid work, I had to stop at Maccy's for breakfast to cheer myself up!

ReputationRep:
    Jeez! Go have a hot bath and watch Bridget Jones Diary, thatll cheer you up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    lol sounds nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ELiTeCoOkie_)
    lol sounds nice
    Cheers me up.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers me up.
    it sounds nice having a hot warm bubbly bath then watching a movie
    mmmm

ReputationRep:
    Thats a really good idea, think I might try that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Thats a really good idea, think I might try that!
    Oh do, youll be surprised how good you feel.

ReputationRep:
    So after a nice relaxing bath I find that the post has arrived, including my payslip, I earned £101 last week, but they took £25 off me in tax! Am now very cross again and have had to spend most of the morning sitting on hold trying to get through to the inland revenue to complain. I'm really wishing I'd stayed in bed this morning.

ReputationRep:
    So after a nice relaxing bath I find that the post has arrived, including my payslip, I earned £101 last week, but they took £25 off me in tax! Am now very cross again and have had to spend most of the morning sitting on hold trying to get through to the inland revenue to complain. I'm really wishing I'd stayed in bed this morning.
    aww! sounds like a hell of a shity day!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Just fill in this form
    http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/pdfs...03/p38s-03.pdf

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/stud...tudent_8_1.htm

ReputationRep:
    you are probably on emergency tax, that is easy enough to change. And you will get it paid back to you. You would have though they would be figure out for themselves how much you should earn without you having to tell them tho!

ReputationRep:
    Which number did you ring? I rang my tax office direct (Barnsley) when my tax was done wrong... I got through straight away and they sent me the forms straight away... no hassle

It's quite easy to claim it back, although mine took about 8 weeks to come

Worth it for the satisfaction of getting the £5.50 back

ReputationRep:
    watch the soppy video thing... i should be in work but i was really ill last night so my mum rang them this morning. and i've jus sent my broher out to buy love actually.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    Which number did you ring? I rang my tax office direct (Barnsley) when my tax was done wrong... I got through straight away and they sent me the forms straight away... no hassle

It's quite easy to claim it back, although mine took about 8 weeks to come

Worth it for the satisfaction of getting the £5.50 back
    Ah, the problem is that its the end of the tax year so lots of people are having trouble with forms and phoning them up, its really rubbish, eventually managed to get through and they said I need to write to them and it'll take 10-12 weeks, stupid tax office!:mad:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Ah, the problem is that its the end of the tax year so lots of people are having trouble with forms and phoning them up, its really rubbish, eventually managed to get through and they said I need to write to them and it'll take 10-12 weeks, stupid tax office!:mad:
    Have you tried this number (or better yet getting your employer to try this number:

What should I do if I work only during the
    holidays?
    • mention this to your employer when you start
      work and ask for a form P38(S) which your
      employer can get from the employer orderline
      0845 7646 646

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.