The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Telling White Girls To Never Talk To Asian Men

Due to the numerous grooming cases by asian men against young white girls do you think this advice is racist or necessary?
Im asking because I know a couple of birds from up north who have pretty much no hatred towards asians but they tell their daughters this. The way they see it is there is a big grooming problem in those areas (which is true). So is thus racist or necessary?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matthewduncan
Due to the numerous grooming cases by asian men against young white girls do you think this advice is racist or necessary?
Im asking because I know a couple of birds from up north who have pretty much no hatred towards asians but they tell their daughters this. The way they see it is there is a big grooming problem in those areas (which is true). So is thus racist or necessary?

This wouldn't work with me around

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2724893

Unless you are not referring to oriental asians
I think it's pretty racist, what about the European/African/American etc. men who groom girls too?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Med_medine
This wouldn't work with me around

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2724893

Unless you are not referring to oriental asians

He's not :tongue:

OP: I think we should educate girls about grooming so occurrences may be less likely. Telling girls not to talk to Asian men may have an opposite outcome to what was desired. Also not all men that groom are Asian so I doubt that will solve the issue - 'tis racist regardless of which way you look at it
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Racism is never acceptable.
Original post by Reue
Racism is never acceptable.

I agree. Racism is never acceptable.
I agree with those who have said racism is never acceptable but at the same time i can understand why they are doing it.
One of them said she likes some asians and she knows it sounds racist but her best interest is her daughter and its a big problem where she lives etc
Reply 7
There will always be a racist person in any race - so you shouldn't categorise a whole race as being racist (e.g. white/asian people are racist...etc)

Regarding to op, any action taken that favours or disadvantages any race due to prejudice and stereotyping of a whole culture is racism
I think as long as white girls are made aware of the potential risks and are educated enough to pick up the signs, then they can still talk to Asians because not all Asians are child molesters and mean them harm just like not all white girls are sluts are druggies and all black people are gangsters. To say so would be racist. Also other racial groups including white are capable of grooming so is just best to be aware.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by matthewduncan

completely necessary tbh
Reply 10
Lol what the hell is wrong with you lot :lol:
Reply 11
Necessary.
Not a bad thing to be cautious. But teach 'em to avoid strangers full stop to be extra cautious :smile:
I think their is a problem when opportunity ie vulnerable girls and late night economy meet desperation ie married to a girl from backhome who you dont find attractive is a recipe for crime

But lets not forget white jimmy savile.
That's so racist I've only read about 20 threads this year from Asian guys saying they just use white girls for sex......
Original post by CJKay
No, there's no excuse for racism. Teach them about grooming and you prevent them from being groomed by all races.

I doubt that being aware of grooming will save girls from being groomed. Like, people are aware of robbery, yet it still happens. People are aware of rape, yet it still happens. ?
Reply 16
Original post by Катя
I doubt that being aware of grooming will save girls from being groomed. Like, people are aware of robbery, yet it still happens. People are aware of rape, yet it still happens. ?

Robbery and child grooming have absolutely nothing in common. :s-smilie:
Original post by CJKay
Robbery and child grooming have absolutely nothing in common. :s-smilie:

Both are crimes?
wouldn't it make much more sense to tell young girls to never talk to strangers...?
Reply 19
Original post by Катя
Both are crimes?

So are downloading movies and having sex with animals - what, exactly, is your point?

Latest