How to download entire websites for offline reading? Watch

marcus2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just wondering if there was a way to download an entire website for offline reading? Can you do it on a mac (I have a mac)?

Similar to how Reading List works on apple products, except with an entire website in one go with the website being operational ie. all the links working.

I know there is a piece of software called site sucker, which enables you to save every webpage on the website, but that's just as a list of html files, I was wondering if there was a way to do save them such that the website is still operational and all hyperlinks between pages still work? FYI I was thinking of downloading wikipedia.
hyenas.ma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by marcus2001)
Just wondering if there was a way to download an entire website for offline reading? Can you do it on a mac (I have a mac)?

Similar to how Reading List works on apple products, except with an entire website in one go with the website being operational ie. all the links working.

I know there is a piece of software called site sucker, which enables you to save every webpage on the website, but that's just as a list of html files, I was wondering if there was a way to do save them such that the website is still operational and all hyperlinks between pages still work? FYI I was thinking of downloading wikipedia.
Try this httrack website copier
ihavemooedtoday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
wget.

Though if you are thinking of downloading Wikipedia, you better have a few petabytes of space! It's ~44GB text only (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...abase_download).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads