The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Silly question- but still: What do you use to carry about your books etc?

This may sound silly, but nobody wants to go around looking like an idiot or sticking out like a sore finger, so here goes:

What do students in the UK (and in Scotland esp.) carry their books and other stuff round in?
In Germany most people have a rucksack (Eastpack), a few years ago they all had leather rucksacks and even further back they had leather satchels and/or canvas bags. So coming from Germany, would using a sort of canvas bag or a rucksack look nerdy?
What about laptop bags? Here "crumpler bags" are all the rage, because you can use them as normal bags plus stick in your laptop.
Hereabouts briefcases especially with combination locks are considered nerdy...

I do know it is not of ultimate importance, but still it might save unneccessary embarrassment. Information welcome.
Reply 1
Most people have rucksacks or messenger bags. Some girls carry little shoulder bags. There isn't any one trend.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Any sort of bag you mentioned would be fine for carrying your books in. Just pick one you like I'd say.

As for the laptop, I'm not sure as I don;t ahve one and haven't really seen many people carrying them around (or at east not taken notice if they have).
I've used everything from a laptop bag to a plastic carrier bag. Nobody cares - do whatever you like!

Latest

Trending

Trending