The Student Room Group

Cardiac Physiology Interview

Hi,

I've applied for cardiac physiology at Swansea, but because
I'm transferring and not a new student the process is a bit delayed, they have offered me a interview, but it's really short notice and I haven't had much time to prep, if there is anyone who can give me any info on what to expect or anything I would be soooo grateful!

Thanks
Abi
Original post by Abiiholb
Hi,

I'm transferring and not a new student the process is a bit delayed, they have offered me a interview, but it's really short notice and I haven't had much time to prep, if there is anyone who can give me any info on what to expect or anything I would be soooo grateful!

Thanks
Abi

Hi! I'm sorry I cannot give out any info but I was just gonna ask you the process of transferring?

What course and Uni you transferred from and was the UCAS the same? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by EcstaZEEH
Hi! I'm sorry I cannot give out any info but I was just gonna ask you the process of transferring?

Hi,

I'm actually just transferring course at swansea at the moment, but I did transfer from Glamorgan to Swansea last year. It's pretty much the same, did the same through UCAS as when first applying for Uni, only I also had to email the head of the course I was transferring to and send him a transfer form signed by my head of year at Glamorgan.

Hope this helps you, it's a pretty simple process you just have to keep track of what you're sending and to who that's all 😀
Reply 3
Hi,

Thanks
Abi

Hey, did you get in? If so, how are you finding it?

Also, how was the interview? What types of questions did they ask?

And sorry for the 20 Q's :-)
I know this may sound a bit stupid but to be a cardiac physiologist can I do like a health care science (cardiac physiology) or do I need to do like a degree in like health care science (physiological sciences) or does it not matter as long as its acreddited by the RCCP im just so confused on what degrees will defo allow me to go into the profession as a cardiac physiologist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Chloephilips98
I know this may sound a bit stupid but to be a cardiac physiologist can I do like a health care science (cardiac physiology) or do I need to do like a degree in like health care science (physiological sciences) or does it not matter as long as its acreddited by the RCCP im just so confused on what degrees will defo allow me to go into the profession as a cardiac physiologist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, sorry for the late reply- had an interview prep to do so I hadn't had the chance to reply. But anyway, Healthcare science: Cardiac physiology is the course that will definitely get you into the role of cardiac physiology.

Clinical physiology is the term used to generalise all the healthcare sciences where the practitioner has patient contact e.g. cardiac physiology, audiology etc...

In terms of the actual clinical physiology course, well I think that's the old version of healthcare sciences. So I'm not sure if it will definitely allow you to go into cardiac physiology so call the uni that provides the course to make sure.

Hope that helps you with you NON-STUPID question :tongue:
Original post by EcstaZEEH

Hi, I realise you posted this last year, but if you can remember anything about the swansea interview it would be very helpful, regarding the simple task and actual interview..
Thanks
Hi,

Thanks
Abi

Hi, I realisd you posted this last year.. but if uou could remember anything about the interview at Swansea (questions etc and what the simple task entailed) that would be really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest