Postponing period? Watch

mil31
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So ive just realised that i'll probably be on my period this week when I'm supposed to be seeing my boyfriend. I was going to wait til the first day of my period to start my pill (never been on it before) but now I'm wondering if I start taking it now if it will stop me from having my period or am I too late?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The contraceptive pill won't delay your period like this. If you won't start before Thursday you can go to your GP and get norethisterone, but you need to start taking this 3 days before your period is due.
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
The contraceptive pill won't delay your period like this. If you won't start before Thursday you can go to your GP and get norethisterone, but you need to start taking this 3 days before your period is due.
Yes it will! That's exactly how it works, you don't get a period while you're taking it.
OP it should be fine as you've got a week, start it ASAP though, and it's probably best to use other contraception for now if you want to have sex.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joker12345)
Yes it will! That's exactly how it works, you don't get a period while you're taking it.
OP it should be fine as you've got a week, start it ASAP though, and it's probably best to use other contraception for now if you want to have sex.
She said she's due on this week, not that she's got a week left, so no it doesn't work like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hothedgehog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It won't delay your first period - you have to have been on it already at that point. In the future you can run packs together and skip periods but as you've not taken it yet you won't be able to skip this one.
joker12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
She said she's due on this week, not that she's got a week left, so no it doesn't work like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I misread - in that case it really depends when she's supposed to come on. It usually does work in a few days though.
joker12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hothedgehog)
It won't delay your first period - you have to have been on it already at that point. In the future you can run packs together and skip periods but as you've not taken it yet you won't be able to skip this one.
It'll delay/stop any period if you've taken it for long enough (usually a couple of days).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
26.77%
No (93)
73.23%

Watched Threads