Turn on thread page Beta

Curly hair? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My mum keeps telling me i should go to the hairdresser and get curls put into my hair.. (i dont think she means like a poodle perm just ..curls lol) Because she thinks i look better with curly hair and more grown up etc..

But its quite a big step, and i don't want to go have it done and hate it.. so if i was to have it done, is it still possible to straighten your hair or will it just not straighten because its permanently curly?

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking about this too as i curl my hair most of the time but it goes frizzy easily and drops out..but i'd want softer, more wavy curls rather than big poofy ones or wet-look type thing. any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    My mum keeps telling me i should go to the hairdresser and get curls put into my hair.. (i dont think she means like a poodle perm just ..curls lol) Because she thinks i look better with curly hair and more grown up etc..

But its quite a big step, and i don't want to go have it done and hate it.. so if i was to have it done, is it still possible to straighten your hair or will it just not straighten because its permanently curly?
    It will go straight if you straighten it but you'll have to put in a lot of product and it'll take quite a lot of time.. make sure you really want it before you get it done coz one of my mates got it done, but got sick of having curly hair real quick and it was a pain in the ass to get it straight again.

But even if you get it done and don't really like it it'll come out in about 6 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats quite good! 6weeks isnt too bad. yeah i'd want looser curls too..

ReputationRep:
    I'll swap you. I have daily fights with my hair to get it somewhat straight. I'd steer clear from curls - bane of my life lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louher)
    I'll swap you. I have daily fights with my hair to get it somewhat straight. I'd steer clear from curls - bane of my life lol.
    Guess it must be a case of wanting what you can't have.. I'd kill for curly hair that stays in for more than an hour:rolleyes: Curls are much more sexy looking imo

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think theyre prettier, and girlier.. Curls wont stay in my hair either

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the grass is always greener I guess hehe. You can get perms which give soft curls/waves, I think they just use larger rollers

ReputationRep:
    Plus if you hate it the minute it's done, you can wash your hair within 24hrs and the perm doesn't stay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyblueeyes)
    Plus if you hate it the minute it's done, you can wash your hair within 24hrs and the perm doesn't stay!
    Really???? oh thats good in case i dont like it! The problem is, ill probably really like it after ive left the hairdressers...but once its been washed a couple of times etc itll probably just be looking a mess..i can never get it the same as the hair dresser can

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do when you've got curly hair is to leave it to dry naturally and use some sort of frizz control product. So you'll probably find it easier to manage. The only problem comes when you want it straight and then it's a pain in the neck. I always straighten myn - probably why my hair looks like so awful. But if you just want curly hair the best thing to do is to leave it to it's own devices, unless you want it all big and puffy then use a diffuser - but honestly you hair will be HUGE.

ReputationRep:
    Well, according to Legally Blonde you can! I have read the same though, so if you wash it out right away I'm sure you'd get it back to pretty much how it was.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.