Mechanical Engineering at Bath Watch

Warren_Sullivan
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi, Im doing Mechanical Engineering at Bath and will be starting the course october 2006. Could someone in a similar degree program or on the actual Mechanical Engineering course tell me how free your weekends are for going to visit friends and family at home/nearby universities i.e. how much free time. Thanks a lot
Lex69
Report 12 years ago
I do chem eng, but have quite a few friends who do mech eng. If your organised you shouldn't have a problem not working on weekends, it's only when your lazy like me that you spend 3 hours on a sunday night doing a lab report:p:. Obviously there will be times in the year when you have more work on, but generally I had no problems visiting friends/family on weekends.
JamSandwich
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going into my second year of Mechanical Engineering and i'd say the work load in first year isn't too bad. It's impossible to say how much free time you'll have, as everyone is different, but if you know what weekends you'll be away, it's fairly easy to organise work around them. That said, if you go out five nights a week and go away every weekend, then you're likely to struggle. Apart from a few drawing and design exercises the majority of work comes from problem sheets and lab reports. If you're unlucky, the lab reports can pile up a bit. My one piece of advice would be to do the problem sheets shortly after receiving them as it makes exam revision much easier.
ciderpeter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree... ^^ I dotn recognise you though!!!

Im going into second year.... i went to football every weekend last year and managed to pass and i am thick, so you will have no problems.
JamSandwich
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ciderpeter)
I agree... ^^ I dotn recognise you though!!!
I probably keep myself to myself quite a lot. I'm always running into mech engers who don't recognise me.
Warren_Sullivan
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thanks a lot guys, really helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Feb '19
  • University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads