Accommodation query - Media and Communication starting September 14' Watch

PanBal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, greetings from Greece!

I have a query regarding Greenwich Uni accommodation. They told me that I will be informed if I get the room I applied by the end of July.
In case they won't be able to offer a room by the end of July for any reason, how could I know that so I could take care of this issue in time ? I have some insecurities knowing that I will be informed about the offer of the room just one and a half month before starting the course in Greenwich University, that's why I'm asking this.
Also, anyone starting postgraduate programme
Media and Communication in September 2014??
RT-XD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi PanBal!

Can you tell us which campus you will be staying at? (Greenwich Main campus, Avery Hill or Medway).

Maybe someone from that specific accommodation can give you more detail about your query
Generally speaking though, you should have no problem acquiring the accommodation. International students (like yourself ) should have priority (someone correct me if I'm wrong?).

Hope to see you in September; best of luck!
-RT
PanBal
Rep:
?
I will be at Greenwich main campus and I have already asked this, and they just told me that I will be informed by the end of July. I think its too late for someone to be informed at this time though....

(I thought that anyone who comes from E.U. is not considered as international student as you said)
RT-XD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's great to hear

yes - it is an issue with the accommodation I have to agree - it all feels a bit last minute. I was told that one of the main reasons is that we don't set it as our address and receive mail/parcels when there will be no one there to collect them. However, I agree - it's very late.

You're probably right about E.U students not considered as international - what I meant was, since you're from outside the UK, they will give you priority for the accommodation. I don't know anyone who came from outside the UK who was denied accommodation.

Worst case, if they do not provide you with accommodation, they will help you find somewhere else. Just tell them your situation and I'm sure they will help

So...anyone else in the Greenwich main campus around? I'm sure they will be better help then I am since I'm on another campus (Medway).
PanBal
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for your information and for encouraging me, the thing is that, I have already settled everything up and the only issue Im nervous about is accommodation, but as you said, I shouldnt worry too much about it (at least I'll try). The other thing is that now Im waiting them to let me know when and how I'll do my registration. This is another frustrating issue cause I need to open a bank account in an English bank and as the bank informed me, they need a formal letter which indicates the unconditional offer I have from the university. Unfortunately the university told me that I cannot ask any kind of formal paper until I do the registration which will normally take place in August (too late for me again). So I'll have to wait for that too.
RT-XD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh yes, registration.

I remember having to do that in my first week (mid-September?). It a lot easier then I expected - you just sit down with someone from the university who helps you with everything. I expected an interview or something like that, but it's really not.
It's just updating all your grades and qualifications on their system (and the UCAS system as well, I think) and also confirming your identity, so you'll need a passport, all your grade certificates and any additional certificates you may want to show them on the day you think are noteworthy.

You might be able to speak to the person helping you do this - maybe they can give you this letter on the day of registration?

Just thinking about this though, do you have a letter from the university saying you accepted the unconditional offer, or received one? If so, I think you can just use that for the bank. I may be wrong though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Greenwich
    University of Greenwich all campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Mar '19
  • University of Greenwich
    University of Greenwich all campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads