Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 48 years ago
Hi,

I suffer from this mental disorder and all the comes under such label.

Starting university this September and wondered if anybody else here has this? Or can give some information they know about it? Not done much reading but was diagnosed around 2007.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found this book extremely helpful and interesting when I was researching BPD:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Borderline-P...ality+disorder
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I found this book extremely helpful and interesting when I was researching BPD:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Borderline-P...ality+disorder

Thanks.

Had to search for my post. Somebody had marked it 1970!

Can we all be clustered together as in what could you say about me having it?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks.

Had to search for my post. Somebody had marked it 1970!

Can we all be clustered together as in what could you say about me having it?

Yeah, for some reason sometimes Anonymous posts say 1970.

I think BPD is similar to other mental health problems in that there are differences in the degree that it affects individuals and the symptoms that individuals have. However, there are also significant similarities which allow psychiatrists to group people together in the diagnostic category.

As for what I could say about you, in my experience in the UK, it seems that psychiatrists are a little too keen to diagnose borderline personality disorder. That doesn't mean you don't have it. What I'd do if I were you is read about it, the book I linked to contains a fair amount about symptoms as well as advice on how to handle typical symptoms, so you could start there and also use the internet to research it. The more you know, the more you should be able to live with it, understand yourself and minimize troublesome symptoms.

You said you're going to university in September; have you heard of Disabled Student Allowance? It covers both physical and mental problems and aims to help students with disabilities to do the best they can. Might be worth researching too - there's a disabled student forum on TSR where you can find out more.

Hope this helps good luck at university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (69)
75%
No (23)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed