Fast Food Fued ( my boyfriend's Dorito addiction )

Watch this thread
ejs96
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay, so, my bf is 17 and he is about 5'7'' and he weighs about 8 and a half stone (less than me at 5'2'') and all he eats is Doritos and fizzy drinks. You'd think he'd be tired but ohh no, he solves that issue by drinking energy drinks. I've managed to make him stop drinking the energy drinks (at least around me), by telling him how bad they are for him. He just won't however, stop using Dorito as a food supplement! I feel like this is really bad for him and will surely impact on his health, he seems to have no interest in improving his diet... what can I do or say to make him see what he's doing to himself?! Thanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
It's not really your business to dictate what he eats.
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I don't think having an incestuous relationship with your son is appropriate... oh wait.. you mean you're NOT his mum?
tearteto
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
^ this
why are you trying to force him to change what he eats? it'll come back to bite him at some point, so just wait for it.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
don't let him near the Co-op.... they have a meal deal with Doritos, big energy drink ( Monster, Relentless ) and a Sandwich or Salad for £3.25
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
you should encourage him to exercise! that way he can continue eating what he likes without getting fat(ter)
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
It's not really your business to dictate what he eats.
Of course it is, you don't want your partner going fat? (Unless obviously, you are into a big of beef on people)
Stinkum
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
what's wrong with energy drinks. i love that ****.
little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tearteto)
^ this
why are you trying to force him to change what he eats? it'll come back to bite him at some point, so just wait for it.
Yeah because when you love someone, you should ignore the problem and wait until it bites them :rolleyes:

OP, what happens when you have meals? Does he just not eat them? Perhaps go out for meals so he has to eat properly, and can find out what he likes.
hello101010
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
you should encourage him to exercise! that way he can continue eating what he likes without getting fat(ter)
(Original post by Joshale)
Of course it is, you don't want your partner going fat? (Unless obviously, you are into a big of beef on people)
She wants him to get fatter.
C380
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Maybe find out what other foods he likes and cook him a nice meal? Perhaps cook yourself a nice, healthy meal whilst he's with you, that may prompt him to try some. Or suggest going out to different restaurants every week so that he can try food that he may prefer over the Doritos. It's clear that you care about his health but you don't want to come across as too naggy. At the end of the day he can eat what ever the hell he wants, all you can do is try and help him eat a wider and healthier variety of good.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (114)
68.26%
No (34)
20.36%
I didn't use it to prepare (19)
11.38%

Watched Threads