Student Living Costs in London, Expensive or Nah? Watch

pmw.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So just completed AS levels, looking to apply to universities.. Would really like to study at a university in London but London's notorious for being a really expensive place to live.. Coming from Birmingham, would I pretty much be broke within the first week or can I work my way around it?
EmpressKcl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pmw.)
So just completed AS levels, looking to apply to universities.. Would really like to study at a university in London but London's notorious for being a really expensive place to live.. Coming from Birmingham, would I pretty much be broke within the first week or can I work my way around it?
Coming from Birmingham, I think you will be fine. You won't have to worry about exchange rates because you are already British.

You won't be broke within the first week if you manage your money well. There are thousands of students from all over the world studying in London, and they are surviving somehow.

If you think that the move would be worth the investment, then by all means do it. You only have one life to live. If the university in London is a university that can give you the best chance at succeeding at what you want to do, by all means go for it. But if you can succeed somewhere else, and you don't think London would be a great investment, then look elsewhere because London is expensive.
mm14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From KCL themselves Name:  KCLliving.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  401.1 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads