The Student Room Group

What should I do about this girl?

I am in love with my friend. But she has a boyfriend who lives in another country. (Long distance relationship 4+ yrs) She plans to marry him.
I told her how I feel and she said that I already know she has a boyfriend and that she loves him and that I shouldn't be selfish.

I said ok I'm sorry but we will stay friends.

I'm finding it very difficult. But I want to overcome these feelings and stay friends with her because we get on really well together and she considers me her close friend.

I can't tell her how I feel again or it will ruin our friendship. I was already very close to ruining it the first time I told her. She said to me we can't be friends anymore because she doesn't want to see me sad. But I said to her don't worry I will be ok.

But I'm really not ok.

It's currently the summer holidays so I haven't seen her for 2 months and I won't see her until October.

I know she loves somebody else and I should accept that but I am always thinking about her.

I am always thinking what is she doing, how is she, etc. And I always get jealous and uncomfortable when she is talking to other guys. Why is that? How can I stop thinking like that?

I really don't know what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending