Muslims burn Churches in same area where the 200 girls were kidnapped.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
imtelling
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
One of the things the lying mainstream media forgot to tell the public about, in regards to the kidnapping of those 200 girls in Nigeria a couple of months ago, is that the girls were kidnapped from a Christian village called Chibok.

Now, the persecuted Christians of Chibok and the surrounding villages have been targeted again; Muslims burning down 4 Churches and killing 15 people:

http://www.voanews.com/content/niger...0/1946845.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0F40IL20140629

Seems to me, that wherever this 'religion of peace' goes, war and persecution follows.....
BoyWithTheThorn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imtelling)
Seems to me, that wherever this 'religion of peace' goes, war and persecution follows.....
Just like with Christianity for the last thousand years...

Islam isn't inherently more violent than any other religion- it is simply at a less developed stage than the others, which makes sense as it is the youngest of the major world religions.
Illiberal Liberal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BoyWithTheThorn)

Islam isn't inherently more violent than any other religion- it is simply at a less developed stage than the others, which makes sense as it is the youngest of the major world religions.
You cannot justify one evil with reference to another (past) evil.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

And that excuses it?
BoyWithTheThorn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
And that excuses it?
Of course not- these crimes are appalling, but there isn't really much debate on that front. I have enough faith in TSR members that no one will actually defend or support these atrocities.

I was simply disagreeing with what the OP was implying that a belief system spreading war and persecution was somehow exclusive to Islam, when extreme forms of all religious and political beliefs are capable of doing such things.
micksocurly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a Nigerian myself, Boko Haram have a history of bombing churches in the North and surrounding areas, so it wouldn't come as a surprise to most Nigerians that the girls that were kidnapped are Christian.
I don't think the mainstream media lied.
getfunky!
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a Muslim I condemn it. As the rest of the 1.6billion Muslims do.
3-methylbutane
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a Christian, I think it's really outrageous for them to burn Churches. I mean, let's not even talk about religion. Let's talk about being HUMANS... And treating others like HUMANS.
username1258398
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
x
Taking advantage of this tragedy to fuel an anti-Muslim agenda is disgusting

Did you even stop to think of the victims and their families, or were you too busy leaping at the chance to launch another sanctimonious tirade against Islam?
imtelling
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago

It may be politically correct to say that, but its just not true.

Islam was conceived in violence. Its founder was a violent warlord who waged wars of conquest and who massacred his enemies. Islam hasn't stopped waging war in the name of Islam since it beginnings in the 7th century.

Comparing this ideology to Christianity is just ridiculous. If religion wages war when its leader is a person who preaches love and peace, then what chance a religion who's leader preaches war and conquest?

Can you name me at least one Muslim land which has gone from majority Muslim to majority Christian?

On the other hand, all Islam has done is conquer Christian lands and permanently change them into Muslim societies. Its been going on for over 1400 years, and its not just going to stop because western liberals desperately want Islam to be the cuddly little politically correct religion that the Church of England has turned into.

The two religions are completely different, and are never going to have the same evolution. Islam is a political ideology, and not really a religion at all.
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 3-methylbutane)
As a Christian, I think it's really outrageous for them to burn Churches. I mean, let's not even talk about religion. Let's talk about being HUMANS... And treating others like HUMANS.
I don't think people of any religion would condone it either, and that includes the rest of the 1.6 billion strong Muslim community
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by getfunky!)
As a Muslim I condemn it. As the rest of the 1.6billion Muslims do.
I doubt you can vouch for all 1.6 billion having the same stance as you on that.
BoyWithTheThorn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Islam was conceived in violence. Its founder was a violent warlord who waged wars of conquest and who massacred his enemies. Islam hasn't stopped waging war in the name of Islam since it beginnings in the 7th century.

Comparing this ideology to Christianity is just ridiculous. If religion wages war when its leader is a person who preaches love and peace, then what chance a religion who's leader preaches war and conquest?

Can you name me at least one Muslim land which has gone from majority Muslim to majority Christian?

On the other hand, all Islam has done is conquer Christian lands and permanently change them into Muslim societies. Its been going on for over 1400 years, and its not just going to stop because western liberals desperately want Islam to be the cuddly little politically correct religion that the Church of England has turned into.

The two religions are completely different, and are never going to have the same evolution. Islam is a political ideology, and not really a religion at all.
Without wishing to repeat myself, you could apply all of your criticisms to Islam equally to Christianity. There is really little to no difference between both ideologies.

For instance, Christianity was conceived in violence just as much as Islam was. The only reason it has survived to this day is because it was enforced by a Roman Emperor in an attempt to unify his empire. The brutality of the Old Testament warriors such as Moses, David and Samuel give Muhammad a run for his money. Even some of Jesus' teachings such as Matthew 10:34 could be interpreted as endorsing violence.

As for conquering lands, Christianity has been far more successful at that than Islam. Why else do you think there are twice as many Christians as Muslims in the world today? And look no further than the forced conversion then expulsion of the Moriscos from Spain to see a majority Muslim land become majority Christian. The Christian Right in America and many other countries are also evidence that Islam isn't the only religion to be closely linked to politics.

I'll admit that the extremist elements of Islam pose a far greater threat in the world today than any Christian extremists, but equally it should not be ignored that, as posts in this thread demonstrate, many Muslims condemn the acts of violence that are committed in the name of their religion.
GZimmerman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Islam only want's one thing and that's to dominate the world through the sword. So do the Jews but they're far smarter and cunning about it and unlike Islam and Christianity are racially driven so it's not about religious supremacy, it's racial. Christianity in the other hand has been subverted in the West and is at it's weakest in history.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Boko Haram are a shambles, to be honest.
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Islam will change, within this century, if the West asserts itself. Your philosophy is one of failure and isolationism. Islam will become secular and people will take it less seriously, if the West:

1. Allows Muslims to live freely so long as they are pro-West and pro-secularism.
2. Fights Islamists and defeats them worldwide.

Anybody who is opposed to either motion will be shown to be on the wrong side of history.
RoyalBlue7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OP shouldn't generalize. It's some extremist Muslims iow some muslims who haven't even read the Quran most probably.

Searching "church" in a Quran search engine comes up with only one verse and it that verse God says that if warfare was not decreed churches etc would have been destroyed. So Muslims should actually fight to stop that. It's so sad
Radicalathiest
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I see some Muslims are still spreading the love:rolleyes:

Islam the religion of Peace.TM bring you your daily quota of death and desecration
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, I'll name you five, off the top of my head: Spain, Portugal, Georgia, Armenia and Malta.
username207685
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One of the things the lying mainstream media forgot to tell the public about, in regards to the kidnapping of those 200 girls in Nigeria a couple of months ago, is that the girls were kidnapped from a Christian village called Chibok.
This took five seconds. All of these explicitly say Boko Haram targets Christians and they are from the Guardian which I assume you think is one of the prime architects of the Muslim conversion of Europe. It's almost like you're a paranoid bigot or something.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...amental-issues
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ia-schoolgirls
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ange-prisoners
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-of-boko-haram
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...theast-nigeria
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ills-thousands
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ity-boko-haram
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...enemy-religion
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (121)
56.54%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (24)
11.21%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (26)
12.15%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.88%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.07%

Watched Threads