How many times can you re-sit GCSEs?

Watch
prophetisaiah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm going to be honest, I didn't do too well in my exams. I'll be suprised if I pass even one. Long story short, I had some problems around the times I was taking my exams and I couldn't focus.

I want to know how many times one can re-sit their GCSEs. After searching a little, some people say a certain number and some people say you can re-sit as many times as you wish as long as you have money.

Money is not really a problem and I am willing to pay whatever amount to re-sit some of my GCSEs again.

Now before you come to the conclusion that I am a stupid ****** and that I should of tried harder and focused, I want you to acknowledge that I had very bad problems, which I would rather not talk about.

Thank you, if you do help.
dinglebells
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by prophetisaiah)
I'm going to be honest, I didn't do too well in my exams. I'll be suprised if I pass even one. Long story short, I had some problems around the times I was taking my exams and I couldn't focus.

I want to know how many times one can re-sit their GCSEs. After searching a little, some people say a certain number and some people say you can re-sit as many times as you wish as long as you have money.

Money is not really a problem and I am willing to pay whatever amount to re-sit some of my GCSEs again.

Now before you come to the conclusion that I am a stupid ****** and that I should of tried harder and focused, I want you to acknowledge that I had very bad problems, which I would rather not talk about.

Thank you, if you do help.
As far as I know, it is now compulsory to re-sit Mathematics and English until you achieve at least a grade C. As for other non-core subjects, I believe you can re-sit as many times as you like as long as you have a centre with which you can sit the examinations and the money (if your school does not pay for re-sits.)

I hope you haven't failed and you're just worrying for no reason, but should you fail, I wish you the best of luck with your re-sits.

Kind regards,
I hope all is well,
Ben
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads