Chem Eng Bursaries Watch

ProfessorFitBoy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of any firms that give funding to students who are applying for Chemical Engineering courses at University.

I am not sure if the IChemE does but I was thinking that there may be other firms such as BP, Total etc.

Any help appreciated.
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes of course there are, depends on your uni as to whether they offer any for top x people and so on or whether you have to go out and ask, but all the normal organisations. E.g. at Manc we have the shell scholarship, top two get £3k or so a year for the course (assuming 2:1 or greater) and we also have Morton scholarships for top 10 of £1k for the first year.
darkwizzard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pghstochaj)
Yes of course there are, depends on your uni as to whether they offer any for top x people and so on or whether you have to go out and ask, but all the normal organisations. E.g. at Manc we have the shell scholarship, top two get £3k or so a year for the course (assuming 2:1 or greater) and we also have Morton scholarships for top 10 of £1k for the first year.
Hey pghstochaj,

How do they judge the "top two" for the shell scholarship? Do you have to apply for the scholarships before going to the uni, or are they awarded once the candidate gets there?

cheers
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
At Manchester (unless it has changed) they did it by best entry grades only. My 'best' mate is one of them (just a coincidence, honest lol). Candidates don't have to do anything and it is just given. That's for the Shell ones. The Morton is for top 10 people and is again done on entry grades, so everybody who got it had 4As at A level (or more).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?