Am I too late? Watch

neverforget88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So the last week or so, I've been doing a lot of thinking and have had a last minute thought that maybe I want to go to uni after all. I finished college 2 years ago with AAB, and have spent my time volunteering and most recently working as a care assistant.

This has made me want to go onto uni to study mental health nursing, but am I too late for ucas/student finance etc?

I also don't know if I can manage it because I need to work as much as possible to save up/pay my own way - I really want and need my own place so I can be on my own, I feel trapped and conflicted in my mums house and it would do me good getting out.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by neverforget88)
So the last week or so, I've been doing a lot of thinking and have had a last minute thought that maybe I want to go to uni after all. I finished college 2 years ago with AAB, and have spent my time volunteering and most recently working as a care assistant.

This has made me want to go onto uni to study mental health nursing, but am I too late for ucas/student finance etc?

I also don't know if I can manage it because I need to work as much as possible to save up/pay my own way - I really want and need my own place so I can be on my own, I feel trapped and conflicted in my mums house and it would do me good getting out.
I have to be honest and say you are almost certainly too late for this year. Whilst you can apply, you will be entered straight into clearing now, and nursing is rarely, if ever, in there. Make a proper application for 2015 and spend the year making sure your work experience is up to scratch and getting some money together.
neverforget88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm quite an impatient person with things like this so would like to start now haha, but thank you for your advice and I agree with you I guess, it's the logical thing to do. Would it be September 2015 or March 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by neverforget88)
I'm quite an impatient person with things like this so would like to start now haha, but thank you for your advice and I agree with you I guess, it's the logical thing to do. Would it be September 2015 or March 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure about that. Don't see why not March, but if you have a look in the medical courses forum there will be better people to advise you there.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?