Apprenticeship when you're at uni? Watch

daydreamer93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've seen a lot of apprenticeships online that require gcse qualifications to enter. I was wondering if they would except us uni students? because I'm desperate for a little money on the side and 100/200 a week is not bad.
MalteseMalteser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daydreamer93)
I've seen a lot of apprenticeships online that require gcse qualifications to enter. I was wondering if they would except us uni students? because I'm desperate for a little money on the side and 100/200 a week is not bad.
I think it would depend on the apprenticeship, but I wouldn't be surprised if some schemes did allow university graduates - especially if it was in a subject field that you didn't study at university.
neverforget88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Normally an apprenticeship gives you a Level 2 or 3 qualification, it depends on who it's with whether they accept graduates or not.

Are you still at uni? Apprenticeships are 35-40hrs a week, so I'm not sure if you could do them both at the same time if that's what you're asking? Min wage for an apprentice is £2.78ph, so if you wanted a bit of cash on the side of uni you might be better off getting a 16-20hr job at £6ph...good luck!
daydreamer93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by neverforget88)
Normally an apprenticeship gives you a Level 2 or 3 qualification, it depends on who it's with whether they accept graduates or not.

Are you still at uni? Apprenticeships are 35-40hrs a week, so I'm not sure if you could do them both at the same time if that's what you're asking? Min wage for an apprentice is £2.78ph, so if you wanted a bit of cash on the side of uni you might be better off getting a 16-20hr job at £6ph...good luck!
Yeah I'm in my final year just finished my 2nd year, and I'm looking desperately to find a part time job, the full time ones seem to not want to take me because I'm at uni still:confused:
neverforget88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Know how you feel, it's a nightmare trying to get a job.

Don't know if you're into the healthcare industry, but I work agency/bank as a care assistant which is only as and when or fixed part time hours. They're always taking on even if you're at uni, they're desperate for staff.
Timanfya
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daydreamer93)
I highly doubt you would be able to do one at the same time as UNI because you would be working 40 hours a week at least just for the apprenticeship.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If there is a proper recruitment process you would be extremely unlikely to get through as no one would give an undergraduate an apprenticeship as they stood little prospect of staying and benefitting the firm at the end.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (29)
26.61%
No - I got the required grades (66)
60.55%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.84%

Watched Threads