The Student Room Group

What to do for my 18th?

It’s my 18th this year (not for a few months but a lot of people seem to be planning theirs now) and I’m not sure what to do. I want to celebrate in typical style by getting absolutely ****ered which I guess leaves me to either have a house party, hire a hall or have a night out.

A house party would be my first choice but my parents are against it - I could try to convince them but I don't know how that would work out. Also I've never thrown a party before and I'm worried that nobody would enjoy it :colondollar:

Hiring a venue is expensive and can get awkward if not enough people turn up. However I wouldn't have to be on guard all night like I would for a house party and could enjoy the night more.

I've never been clubbing but most people seem to enjoy it. There's a street near me made up of cute little bars that would be perfect for a casual night of drinking in one bar or we could do a crawl. However it would be a problem for those who are still underage and it's expensive for everyone. Plus my birthday's in the middle of winter and it'll be freezing :rolleyes:

There are a couple of other things:
- My best friend isn’t a big drinker and doesn’t know the others very well. She’s absolutely lovely and I know she wouldn’t make a fuss but I want her to enjoy the night.
- My college is pretty small; everyone hangs around with everyone else so I don’t really have a set friendship group. Obviously I have good friends but this makes inviting people difficult - there are a lot of ‘friends of friends’ who I wouldn’t mind inviting but I don’t really talk to them and I’m worried they’d see me as weird or clingy. I’m pretty shy so I’m not the sort to invite everyone in the year.

Sorry for the long post! What do you think would be best?
You'll be too hammered to care at the end of the day.
Original post by smoothER
X

Thank you! :biggrin:
My friend does know and like the others as we all went to the same secondary, but she just doesn't know them as well as the rest all know each other. I'll see what I can do about a house party - everyone's fairly sensible so I doubt anything would happen.
Hopefully you'll be able to get some ideas from here as well, happy birthday in advance :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending