Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I was getting confused with all the old posts from b4 results and stuff so I thought I'd set up a new one

So, I'm off to Brookes this year to study English, also got two friends going as well, one studying Economics and Law and one studying History (don't we sound fun!!).

So yeah, whose going, what are you studying etc etc etc?

I havent heard about accomodation yet, but hopefully it'll come through by the end of this week. I'm hoping for tmorow but you never know.

So, I'm going to start off... I'm Lucy, studying English....(and I've managed to turn this into some twisted version of an AA meeting....oh dear, someone rescue this thread!)

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

i'm ross, studying real estate management and my first choice accom is cheney.

i know 1 person coming this year, he's on my course incidentally and a few people year above.

we should all go for a drink when we get down there.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyyy!
    My names Jessica, I'm from Portugal and I'm doing Film Studies and Performing Arts and still waiting for my accomadation pack. I hope to get on to Cotuit accomadation though.
    See ya'll in September,
    Jessica:p:

ReputationRep:
    I got into brookes through clearing to do mechanical engineering this september. Due to a balls up at my first choice uni I have yet to get some vital paperwork to send to brookes, so im bricking it being more in the dark than the thread starter!

Soo... yeah.

Im Chris. Or Quequeeg. Studying mechanical engineering, and possessor of a very funky hat.

ReputationRep:
    i'm Hainy i'm doing mental health nursing, i'm staying in Cheney student village - room B2B! I have a friend from my biology class that's also going to Brookes, she'll be doing physiotherapy see u all there

ReputationRep:
    heya my name is donna and im doing accounting and finance..i haven't heard anything about the accomodation yet and hopefully they'll send me all the informations i need by the end of this week..so yeah..see you all in september..

ReputationRep:
    My name is Sam, I would like to be doing film studies and education + human development, but there weren’t any clearing spaces. Cya in Sept 07 though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hiya.
    Im Emma, I will be doing occupational therapy. I don't know anybody going to Brookes. I haven't yet heard about accomodation either.
    Just had a look at your profile and you must live around my area as the school you went to is close to me.

ReputationRep:
    Well Hi all Ox students.

Im going to be studying Automotive Engineering and my first accomm was Cheney but aint heard anything about them.

I aint even recieved my Freshers pack so will just have to be patient.

well cant wait till to meet bare students
    see ya there laterz

ReputationRep:
    will anyone be studying biomedical science?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Adam and I'm studying law. Have had nothing from Brookes about accommodation or Freshers Week. Hope it will come this week!

ReputationRep:
    hello there,

this is all a bit scary isn't it. Anyway I thought I would reply as I am studying english too. I've been wondering whether or not we should have reading lists by now but don't know whether or not i should get in touch with them as maybe its a bit late? I'd just like to be able to buy some books before i got there but maybe thats not possible. What halls is everyone else in? I've been told I'm in Clive booth, does anyone know how you work out what floor you are on? My room number is X6D??? Hope everyones prepared! x

This is so exciting, there are so many more people going to Brookes since I last checked tsr! Anyway, Hi, I'm Jess and i'm doing business and management but i haven't heard anything from accom. or received a freshers pack yet! Should come soon hopefully. see you all there!

ReputationRep:
    hello..i'm sarah, or bean as most people call me..not sure why..random nickname! i'm studying Japanese, linguistics and english language at oxford brookes this year. i have one friend i know whos going too, first choice halls is clive booth...i havent even been to oxford and i'm moving there in a few weeks, talk about unprepared huh >_<

ReputationRep:
    hi im luke fisher, ill be studying business economics and my first choice accomodation is cheney! just to let you all know the halls are decided by computer based on geographical location and it all happens this tuesday! so you should be able to ring up wednesday morning and find out where and if you got halls!

ReputationRep:
    make sure you all check out the Purple Turtle. The only student bar in town!
    There might be some jobs going in October.
    PT myspace
    PT Web

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madad69_81)
    Hi I'm Adam and I'm studying law. Have had nothing from Brookes about accommodation or Freshers Week. Hope it will come this week!

Hey my names Eric and will be doing law also, plus I dont have any material from brookes must be a law thing.

I also extend a hand of friendship to anyone on the thread, we could meet together and go for a night out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Party time)
    make sure you all check out the Purple Turtle. The only student bar in town!
    There might be some jobs going in October.
    PT myspace
    PT Web
    oh wow! I love that pub, its my regular in London! I only thought there was one in reading and london, yay that's made me feel a lot better..at least something im familiar with! do they have live bands/performances etc?

ReputationRep:
    aww everyone sounds so awesome - well looking forward to going!!!
    i'm charlie and im from guernsey so far away from anywhere so its all a bit scary moving to england and all!!!:confused: still havent heard anything from brookes but not too worried! i'll be studying performing arts with human development so if you are on those courses or just wana met sum ppl get in touch - coxthfoxinaboxathotmail.com - would be cool to meet up wit some ppl!
    hope everyone gets their first choice accomodation!!
    much love:suith:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, My name is Georgina Knights and I am doing Business management and HOPEFULLY living in cheney! I am little scared about coming acctually because I don't know anyone but sooooooooooooo excited for freshers week, it will be such a ball he he.. If anyone wants to get in touch my msn is [email protected]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 8, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.