thx

ReputationRep:
    contact the examinations officer in your school..simple as

ReputationRep:
    oh ok...thx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Optimism my friend, you may have done brillaintly, and in which case a resit will not be necessary. Some schools won't let you resit if you have a C grade or better, unless of course you offer to pay yourself. First speak to your teacher, ask his/her opinion, and then if you decide to go for it, the exams officer will enter you for the required exams.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not retake in november. but i will exam in november? and in my country resource of the exam is very limited. if i want to buy IGCSE books at least i must go to singapore or via internet. it's sucks.. please help me to find the easiest .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    Optimism my friend, you may have done brillaintly, and in which case a resit will not be necessary. Some schools won't let you resit if you have a C grade or better, unless of course you offer to pay yourself. First speak to your teacher, ask his/her opinion, and then if you decide to go for it, the exams officer will enter you for the required exams.

hahahah - ive passed my a-levels but i want to improve my C grade in english language so i stand a better chance of getting into medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I think go to a college or something and ask them whether you can sit the exam there as a private candidate. Goodluck x

ReputationRep:
    try a college course
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sn_bone)
    hahahah - ive passed my a-levels but i want to improve my C grade in english language so i stand a better chance of getting into medicine.
    Will it even be necessary then? If you've already done your A-Levels surely you have an offer to study medicine. You may not even need to resit your English with a grade C, in fact your school may not let you with that grade. Before resitting maybe you should contact your prospective university, they may not require any more than a grade C in English Language.

Anyway, whatever you do, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    If you are still at school, you could ask them if they will enter you for it. But if you did your GCSE's a couple of years ago, you would probably have to redo any coursework required for that sylabus. Also not all exam boards do November resit exams for all subjects, so its best to check that too.

If you are private candidate, approach your local college. But you would need to have a coursework mark to carry forward.

ReputationRep:
    what subjects have retakes in november? Is it only English Language
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You can only resit English Language and Maths in Novemeber I think.

ReputationRep:
    You can only resit English Language and Maths in Novemeber I think.
    This is correct I think. With regard to coursework, I think you would be able to resubmit the same work, but it would need to marked again. If you resit within the 12 month period than the marks are just automatically carried forward I believe.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.