Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I would like to ask what steps are necessary to take to make sure I will be entitled with student loan and bursary I received for my first-year of undergraduate studies, also for next year? For my first year I received a student loan and the UCL undergraduate bursary (National Scholarship Scheme). I received, signed and sent you a student declaration form for next year concerning the loan. Is it sufficient for getting the loan also for next year? How shall I apply for UCL undergraduate bursary for next year?

Korin
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

If you have already submitted your application & returned your declaration for 2014/15, you have already applied for finance from SFE.

The bursary is awarded by the university, meaning you need to speak to them to query your eligibility for this next year.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Mark,

Thank you for your reply and advice. I asked my university about applying for the bursary given that the income of my parents has not changed since last year. Here is their reply:"Providing your household income does not change, and the student finance company confirm this, you should remain eligible to receive the bursary for the second year." Do you know about any application form that I should fill in and send to The Student Finance England to show that our income has not changed?

Thanks,
    Korin
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

As long as your parents supported your 2014/15 application, and they have given 'Consent to Share' so your university can access their income details, you will not need to complete any further forms to apply for the Bursary.

If you and your parents would like to check they have given 'Consent to Share,' please ask them to call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dear Mark,

thanks for your reply. However, now I am considering transferring into the first year of a different course (3-years long) at the same university. I would like to ask if I would be still eligible to get the bursary (
    UCL Undergraduate Bursary/National Scholarship Scheme (NSP)) for all three years of my new undergraduate course. In case it would be possible, are there any steps I should take to apply for this change in SFE?

Thank you in advance,
    Korin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.