Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, not at Sheffield or anything, but am going to be applying there (depending on grades) for a postgraduate in 2008, most probably in English Literature, maybe something more specific but i'm unsure yet.

Does anyone know anything about the School of English in general? I've heard nothing but good things about it, and have the prospectus to look more closely at the course etc, but think it would be helpful to have a students perspective.

And now for the shallow part, does anyone have any pictures of the English buildings?

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Hello - I'm currently entering my 2nd year of English Language and Linguistics at the uni. It's only this year ELL and Literature have merged to become the School of English.

The degree courses of lang/ling, lit and lang/lit are amazing - My lang/ling degree is faultless really. The staff are great, the teaching is great, and most of all, sheffield is great. I sound like a right geek, but to be honest, I just love it so much I don't wanna leave. The only reason I am going to do a postgrad elsewhere is to show i've moved around a bit, but like you I'm not doing a postgrad until 2008 so that's a while off yet.

As for the uni buildings, as far as I'm aware they are building a whole new fresh department for the new School of English, ready for September 2008 - It's going to have its own lecture theatre and seminar rooms and everything. At the moment the department is split between lang/ling and lit buildings on Shearwood Road, they're alright I guess, but this new department will be the bees knees by the sound of it!

hope that helps somewhat!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.