Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did your last break up turn out to be a good thing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did it turn out well, or do you regret it? Why?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    It didn't turn out very well but I'm much happier now

ReputationRep:
    Break ups are almost always a positive thing in the end. No different in my case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassQueen13)
    It didn't turn out very well but I'm much happier now
    That's what I mean by turn out well. If you're happier now than in the relationship then the break up turned out well didn't it?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Found out he was cheating, ended it. So yeah it was a good thing
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101010)
    That's what I mean by turn out well. If you're happier now than in the relationship then the break up turned out well didn't it?

Ah I thought you meant the actual break up haha XD Yep

ReputationRep:
    Meh don't think it did

ReputationRep:
    Of course, it meant that relationship was over. Hard decision but one of the best I have made

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I was indifferent at the time.

Well I broke up as we had a 3 sum that went sour. Got back then broke up again within weeks, partner still in contact with the other party. Got back and been since 3 years roughly.

Lesson learned. Don't bring another to the bed whilst within relationship. Emotions can run........

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely a good thing. I've had a lot more time to focus on myself now and do the things I love. Looking back, I've realised that although I loved him, the relationship was making me miserable, because he never put any effort in and made me feel unwanted and unloved. I now know I can do better

ReputationRep:
    it turned out well, though i miss the good times sometimes and i regret being a **** when we broke up. However it was for the best as we clearly had no future!

ReputationRep:
    It's turned out really well and I'm happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it did
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Very much a positive thing though I did basically go off the rails and descend into a state of alcohol fuelled depression for the next couple of months I met someone else who I'm much better suited to and am now enjoying life very much

ReputationRep:
    bump

I'm not really over it, so part of me wants thinks "no, because I miss him blah blah", but actually, I know that it was for the best and I realise that I deserve a lot better. So yes. Because as much as it sucks, I know that it was unhealthy and I was pretty miserable.
    I do wish that it had ended differently, but hey.

ReputationRep:
    Upon a couple months of reflection, I realised she was a sociopath. So definitely a good idea.

Tbh I think eventually it always turns out to be a good thing, unless you die before you get over it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.