Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applying for 2015 in history and/or english? Just looking to meet some potential fellow classmates

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly what I want to apply for! Leaning towards history, but I think it will depend on the grades I get this summer

ReputationRep:
    I am also strongly considering history! What subjects are you all doing at the moment + what are your predicted grades? I know the entry requirements for Warwick are high and I'm so worried about how my exams went!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t_lauren)
    I am also strongly considering history! What subjects are you all doing at the moment + what are your predicted grades? I know the entry requirements for Warwick are high and I'm so worried about how my exams went!
    Yay! Right now I'm doing History, English Lit, Geography and Bio, and I'm hoping to get AAAB, but I'm sure it could be BBCC, as exams went badly this year... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoieventry)
    Thats exactly what I want to apply for! Leaning towards history, but I think it will depend on the grades I get this summer
    Same here what other unis are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t_lauren)
    I do Drama, Philosophy, AP History, English and Data Management. I'm actually in school in Canada so my grades are different that yours i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimar)
    Same here what other unis are you looking at?
    I'm thinking Warwick, UCL, Nottingham, Newcastle and Durham, but this is completely dependent on me getting really good grades, which I doubt I have what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I am also looking at Exeter, York and Southampton at the moment, but yeah, also dependent on grades!!
    Also, I have no idea what to put on a history personal statement?! Have you guys done lots of reading around the subject/relevant work experience etc because I'm really worried at the moment! :/

ReputationRep:
    No reading around the subject, hopefully will be done this summer. Work experience, I have worked in a library, a school and a law firm, none of which are particularly relevant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking Warwick, UCL, Nottingham, Newcastle and Durham, but this is completely dependent on me getting really good grades, which I doubt I have what about you?
    Mine are kinda similar. I'm looking at Durham, UCL, Exeter, Warwick and Bristol I don't really know much about universities in the UK seeing as I'm not from there so are there any really good universities for history and english that I should look at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimar)
    Mine are kinda similar. I'm looking at Durham, UCL, Exeter, Warwick and Bristol I don't really know much about universities in the UK seeing as I'm not from there so are there any really good universities for history and english that I should look at?
    I'm looking at Bristol and Exeter this september! St Andrews is very good and a possible option of mine, but its too far away for me to visit. York is good, as is LSE (they only do History though). Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimar)
    Anyone here applying for 2015 in history and/or english? Just looking to meet some potential fellow classmates
    Hi. I replied to another thread of yours, but I thought I'd do it again. Haha. I'm pretty sure I'm going to apply to the Ancient History & Classical Archeology course at Warwick. It sounds pretty amazing. I'm American, so we'll both be newbies over there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at Bristol and Exeter this september! St Andrews is very good and a possible option of mine, but its too far away for me to visit. York is good, as is LSE (they only do History though). Where are you from?
    Well I was born in Bermuda but I go to school in Canada right now. I would really appreciate some tips on how to kind of blend in once I start university I'm pretty clueless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeetime)
    Hi. I replied to another thread of yours, but I thought I'd do it again. Haha. I'm pretty sure I'm going to apply to the Ancient History & Classical Archeology course at Warwick. It sounds pretty amazing. I'm American, so we'll both be newbies over there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well it's good to know there'll be someone else that's possibly as clueless as I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimar)
    well it's good to know there'll be someone else that's possibly as clueless as I am
    Exactly. What type of history are you interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. What type of history are you interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm also looking at Ancient History & Classical Archaeology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimar)
    I'm also looking at Ancient History & Classical Archaeology.
    Yay! Haha. The modules are all so interesting sounding. And there's the optional trip to Rome! I've never considered archaeology before, but it might be fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimar)
    Well I was born in Bermuda but I go to school in Canada right now. I would really appreciate some tips on how to kind of blend in once I start university I'm pretty clueless
    You'll blend in fine! Everyone loves Canadians, and being born in Bermuda will make you seem interesting and exotic, and will give you some conversation when things get a little dry

ReputationRep:
    You'll blend in fine! Everyone loves Canadians, and being born in Bermuda will make you seem interesting and exotic, and will give you some conversation when things get a little dry
    haha I guess so thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Haha. The modules are all so interesting sounding. And there's the optional trip to Rome! I've never considered archaeology before, but it might be fun.
    Yeah me either. I wanted something like straight world history or history combined with english but archaeology does seem like fun. I'm looking to be a teacher so I need something that more broad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.