The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

2015 Applicants for History/English

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dimar
Yeah me either. I wanted something like straight world history or history combined with english but archaeology does seem like fun. I'm looking to be a teacher so I need something that more broad.

Straight history covers too much for my liking. Not that I wouldn't take any history over no history, but still. I prefer the ancient stuff over modern history. And especially over American history. Haha.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by Coffeetime
Straight history covers too much for my liking. Not that I wouldn't take any history over no history, but still. I prefer the ancient stuff over modern history. And especially over American history. Haha.

haha yeah american history is especially boring. I've just finished studying European, Asian and South American History until around the 16th century and I really enjoyed that. I was looking for something like that
Original post by dimar
haha yeah american history is especially boring. I've just finished studying European, Asian and South American History until around the 16th century and I really enjoyed that. I was looking for something like that

At least I'm not the only one. I like European history a lot, of course. I don't know a whole lot about South American or Asian history.
Reply 23
Original post by Coffeetime
At least I'm not the only one. I like European history a lot, of course. I don't know a whole lot about South American or Asian history.

It's pretty interesting. Especially when we get into talking about the Mongols or the Mayans :smile:
I'm favouring maths over comp sci here, their department was so good and they're basically the best in the country for maths too :tongue:
Original post by dimar
Anyone here applying for 2015 in history and/or english? Just looking to meet some potential fellow classmates :smile:

I'm hoping to apply for English at Warwick in 2015!! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by dimar
Anyone here applying for 2015 in history and/or english? Just looking to meet some potential fellow classmates :smile:

English Literature :colone:
Reply 27
Hi all! I'm applying for History at Warwick in 2015; (i'm on my gap year right now, so i've already got my grades.)
Original post by mnina19
Hi all! I'm applying for History at Warwick in 2015; (i'm on my gap year right now, so i've already got my grades.)

Well done! I really want to study History at Warwick, just not sure how sound my AS results are in comparison to everyone else. Hopefully it will be AAA predictions, and then i'll keep my fingers crossed :wink:
Reply 29
Original post by whydoieventry
Well done! I really want to study History at Warwick, just not sure how sound my AS results are in comparison to everyone else. Hopefully it will be AAA predictions, and then i'll keep my fingers crossed :wink:

you never know! even if you don't think your AS grades are quite as strong as other applicants, a strong PS and reference can go a long way? good luck!
im thinking of applying for english!! has anyone heard good things??
its so hard to decide where else to apply, anyone kno where they want to apply to?
ooohoooh also did anyone go the open day?? i missed it :'(
Reply 32
Original post by EmergencyBagels
ooohoooh also did anyone go the open day?? i missed it :'(

i missed it too, but i've been reading about the History core and optional modules on offer at Warwick, and they look amazing. there are post-offer open days though so you can visit then and see how you like it?

Quick Reply

Latest