Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tour de France Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who's exited about the Tour de France coming to the UK next weekend? I'm looking forward to Stage 3 Cambridge to London on Monday, as I've been successful at becoming a tour maker and will be on the route helping out between Epping and Stratford!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    phwoar lucky you! that sounds pretty awesome

Doesn't make sense that the tour de France, which literally means tour of France, has decided to tour England as well. It should now really be called 'Tour de France et Angleterre', though that's not as catchy.

But anyway, lucky you and have fun might see if I can catch it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Very traditional for Grand Tours to start in different countries and it's a brilliant occasion for whoever hosts them.

I think Froome will win again but being run close by Contador (losing Kreuziger is a massive blow for Tink-Off). The 54KM ITT on Stage 20 will very much be in Froome's favour. I can see Nibali coming good for the TDF but he won't be able to match Froome and Conta, Purito I think will go for stage wins and then save some gas for the Vuelta. Valverde I think will round out the peloton.

As for the sprints I see Kittel domination again, his head to head with Mark Cavendish is far superior in the German's favour which pains me to say. I'd love to see Cav take the yellow jersey but I just can't see past Marcel Kittel. Sagan will probably takes the green jersey, look out for him on stage 2 (York-Sheffield) featuring 9 yes 9! categorized climbs.

All in all its going to be a fantastic race once again and I can't wait not to mention the cobblestones on stage 5, brutal!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thomas888b)
      Who's exited about the Tour de France coming to the UK next weekend? I'm looking forward to Stage 3 Cambridge to London on Monday, as I've been successful at becoming a tour maker and will be on the route helping out between Epping and Stratford!

Posted from TSR Mobile
      sounds amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Black line = Route.
      Red X = Roughly where I live.

I can't say I really care tbh, but I'll go watch them. Kinda annoying that they're doing some ****ty parade tomorrow night and closing off half of town though.

ReputationRep:
      Hopefully Froome wins the yellow jersey again this year.

ReputationRep:
      The Tour De France is soooooooooooo boring to watch on TV.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

The tour going round my area.

ReputationRep:
      Crowds are bloody mental.

I'll be in York tomorrow, s'only 5 miles away.

ReputationRep:
      I do enjoy watching this tbh. Love the pelotons and the strategy of breaks and the sprinters etc. Always good fun.

I hear there's a 3 man break atm in the current stage but am busy watching F1.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Motorbiker)
      I do enjoy watching this tbh. Love the pelotons and the strategy of breaks and the sprinters etc. Always good fun.

I hear there's a 3 man break atm in the current stage but am busy watching F1.
      Yeah, 3 mins ahead of the peloton, but will be caught before the end.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Drewski)
      Yeah, 3 mins ahead of the peloton, but will be caught before the end.
      Yea, and need more than 3 for a decent break.

Who is it in the break? Team mates that will help each other or rivals who will end up letting the peloton catch in no time?

ReputationRep:
      Yea, and need more than 3 for a decent break.

Who is it in the break? Team mates that will help each other or rivals who will end up letting the peloton catch in no time?
      Bunch of randoms doing it for the sake of doing it. It's a sprint stage, so the chasing sprint teams are maintaining the gap and will catch them at the end for a sprint finish.

ReputationRep:
      Bunch of randoms doing it for the sake of doing it. It's a sprint stage, so the chasing sprint teams are maintaining the gap and will catch them at the end for a sprint finish.

Is there many of the mid stage sprints today?

ReputationRep:
      Is there many of the mid stage sprints today?
      Just the one. Couple more climbs with KotM points available, and then the sprint finish.

ReputationRep:
      Just the one. Couple more climbs with KotM points available, and then the sprint finish.
      Thanks. When's the mid-stage sprint roughly? Will the peloton catch before that?

ReputationRep:
      Thanks. When's the mid-stage sprint roughly? Will the peloton catch before that?
      Been and gone.

Follow the BBC's live updates here, will keep you better informed than a forum

ReputationRep:
      Jens is not a random!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by datpiff)
      The Tour De France is soooooooooooo boring to watch on TV.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Dont watch then. simple

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.