Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a size 6-8 and 9-10st... Over the years (and possibly due to hormonal contraception) I've gained masses of weight and now a size 14, 13st and massively unhappy with my body. It just feels like it's this massive thing that I know I need to change but I'm not sure where to start! I've tried running and diet changes but I just never seem to lose any weight and then lose my determination! I know I need to change and I am determined not to go back to uni feeling this way!

Any advice would be massively appreciated!

Lou

x

ReputationRep:
    Determination and consistency is half the battle, you need to stick with it.

Do you enjoy running? If not don't do it. You need to move more but what that movement is doesn't matter since your goals aren't about being able to do any sport well. So find something you enjoy. Something like yoga where you don't move much doesn't count as your exercise but anything else is good. If you enjoy it then you'll stick at it which is what matters. Aim to do this proper exercise 3/4 times a week but you'll also make your weight loose easier if you just move more generally. So try to fit in walks on off days, walk anywhere you reasonably can, get off the bus a few stop early, take the stairs etc.

Firstly start eating healthier, cutting out junk means you feel more full for your calories- though still alone yourself a treat every now and again. But it's not enough on it's own. You need to eat less calories than you burn. So get yourself into the habit of exercising, get your diet healthier then weight yourself. If after a week you haven't lost 1lb or more then eat less.If you struggle with the eating less then consider posting your diet and people might be able to make suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    The first thing I would like to tell you to awake early in the morning and do running. Eat a healthy breakfast and add fruits in it. Do not eat rice and potatoes and take your dinner around 7 pm to 8 pm.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeffreyPhelps)
    The first thing I would like to tell you to awake early in the morning and do running. Eat a healthy breakfast and add fruits in it. Do not eat rice and potatoes and take your dinner around 7 pm to 8 pm.
    Rice and potatoes are perfectly fine to eat.

Meal timing has no effect on body composition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Rice and potatoes are perfectly fine to eat.

Meal timing has no effect on body composition
    Timing matters a lot if you are following a diet plan and a weight loss program. You should take dinner 2 to 3 hour before you go to sleep because when you take food it get converted to fat in between 20 minutes after eating, so maintain the proper gap between sleep and dinner. So 7-8 p.m. is the perfect time. And one more thing never skip your meal, otherwise next time when you eat, your body store it in your body as insecurity of not getting food on proper timing.

ReputationRep:
    Timing matters a lot if you are following a diet plan and a weight loss program. You should take dinner 2 to 3 hour before you go to sleep because when you take food it get converted to fat in between 20 minutes after eating, so maintain the proper gap between sleep and dinner. So 7-8 p.m. is the perfect time. And one more thing never skip your meal, otherwise next time when you eat, your body store it in your body as insecurity of not getting food on proper timing.
    You have got to be kidding?? So instead of your body storing and using the calories you have missed because it needs more energy, it's actually storing them because it feels insecure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Utter nonsense... Your body is not insecure and it does not store fat unless in a caloric surplus. There is no evidence of anything you've said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.