Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I passed ALL GCSE's (A-C)
    I have BTEC in Science
    I also have NVQ level 2 & 3

(when I try the ucas calculator it doesn't have the option to put NVQ's)

I would LOVE to become a children's nurse and there is a course at Bucks Uni (uxbridge campus)
    Has anybody been in a similar situation?
    Can anyone please help?!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Are you thinking of coming in February or September 2015? If so, you can apply from now through UCAS (www.ucas.com).

If you wanted to apply for September 2014, we do have some very limited spaces available. UCAS has closed now for this entry, however you may still be able to apply. You would need to call the Nursing Admissions Team directly to ask about applying direct to us - you can reach them on 01494 60 3172.

It does sound as if you meet our entry requirements. We ask for applicants to hold Level 2 in Maths, English and Science (which it looks like you do) and also a relevant Level 3 qualification. We can accept your NVQ Level 3 if it is in a related subject to Nursing and Healthcare. However, we can only accept you onto the course with your NVQ Level 3 if you have appropriate work experience to go with it.

I hope that this makes sense and good luck with your application!

Bucks New University

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.