Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently told my parents I want to leave sixth form, I've done my first year and it's the time between the next term so I thought it's now or never. I've never really liked sixth form I felt like it wasn't me if that makes any sense. I dreaded going and it serious effected me as a person. I told my friends my decision that I want to quit to do an apprenticeship but nobody is supporting me I keep getting the same replies like oh you'll go nowhere without a levels bla blah blah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katielouisemort)
    I recently told my parents I want to leave sixth form, I've done my first year and it's the time between the next term so I thought it's now or never. I've never really liked sixth form I felt like it wasn't me if that makes any sense. I dreaded going and it serious effected me as a person. I told my friends my decision that I want to quit to do an apprenticeship but nobody is supporting me I keep getting the same replies like oh you'll go nowhere without a levels bla blah blah
    I do get where they're going but it's your choice, if you're passionate about something then go do it although you have to think about stability, I guess. Have you already applied for an apprenticeship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katielouisemort)
    No offense to your parents or your friends, but that is complete BS.

You don't need A-Levels to 'go somewhere' and in many respects you are more likely to be successful with an apprenticeship

Imo, use the fact that no one is supporting you to prove them wrong. What do you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    Been there, although your right in thinking about what you want to do and looking to pursue that, it depends mostly on wether you've managed to find an apprenticeship?

If not, because i'd say most have stopped recruiting I think you should finish your A-Levels, there a good qualification to have and besides you could even get an apprenticeship after them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.