Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can you have a good relationship / can a relationship progress if you only ever met on weekends?

I feel like I'm currently in this situation so I'm worried about the future of my relationship. I was happy in a while and my boyfriend used to see me on weekdays too so I don't understand why that has changed. I feel like he is perfect in every way except for this and it's starting to bother me more than it used to. I don't want to break up with him because of this and I've already spoken to him about it. We do seem to text everyday though and it's nearly always him who initiates. I was just wondering if anyone could share any positive experiences to encourage me...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, to put it simply. I saw a similar thread the other day a lot of people see their boyfriend/girlfriend fortnightly or monthly and it seems to work fine

ReputationRep:
    I was in a relationship once, with this beautiful city lawyer. I didn't see her very often, and I even had competition from this douchebag who was a lot richer and more influential than I was. I still got her to accept my marriage proposal, albeit not in ideal circumstances.

Too bad she exploded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fghi)
    Can you have a good relationship / can a relationship progress if you only ever met on weekends?

I feel like I'm currently in this situation so I'm worried about the future of my relationship. I was happy in a while and my boyfriend used to see me on weekdays too so I don't understand why that has changed. I feel like he is perfect in every way except for this and it's starting to bother me more than it used to. I don't want to break up with him because of this and I've already spoken to him about it. We do seem to text everyday though and it's nearly always him who initiates. I was just wondering if anyone could share any positive experiences to encourage me...

Thanks
    Me and my boyfriend will have been together for four years this October and apart from school holidays (although now I have finished my A2s I'm getting a lot more time to see him, and we will be at the same Uni in Sept, he's already in his first year so) we would really only see each other on weekends, minus the odd cinema date on a wednesday every few months. It makes you appreciate the time you spend together a lot more. We talked and still do everyday, there will be a time where you get to spend more time together I should imagine. We are both absolutely still crazy about each other, you just look forward to seeing each other more and stuff. Obviously now we like it that we get to see each other other than the weekends, but it is doable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fghi)

Thanks
    Yes you can, but you're not making the effort. Why do you always leave it up to him to initiate the conversation? Now that it's school/university holidays, surely you can see him a lot more this summer?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.