Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help ? Should I text her again ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was on a night out with mates, I met this girl we got talking for about hour. And then she complained about being cold, so I lent her my jacket. However before leaving I got her mates number, so I texted her asking for her friends number. I then asked if she'd like to go for a drink once I got her number, she responded by saying yes, why not and that she would let me know when she's free cause she works a lot. A week since this text and I have had no response, is she given me the cold shoulder and just said yes as she didn't want to seem harsh. Or will she let me know when she's free? Or should. Text her again ?

ReputationRep:
    Or take it as a sign? If she was interested she'd probably have texted.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she really does want to go for a drink with you- why else would she say yes via text when she could have easily made up an excuse? However, I don't think you should text again- she'll either text you when she's free, in which case great, or if she doesn't text then unfortunately she may have changed her mind, but in that case then you don't really want to be texting her again! hope it works out for you x

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with sending her a message again about going out for drinks. If you're interested in her then why not? She may have forgotten to message you. I'd say text her and see what happens. If she doesn't reply then you know she isn't interested. Thought if she was chatting to you for an hour I think she must of been somewhat interested.

Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny tima)
    So I was on a night out with mates, I met this girl we got talking for about hour. And then she complained about being cold, so I lent her my jacket. However before leaving I got her mates number, so I texted her asking for her friends number. I then asked if she'd like to go for a drink once I got her number, she responded by saying yes, why not and that she would let me know when she's free cause she works a lot. A week since this text and I have had no response, is she given me the cold shoulder and just said yes as she didn't want to seem harsh. Or will she let me know when she's free? Or should. Text her again ?
    Text her mate.. it's a long way away yet, and you've plenty of time before you have to deal with it, but it's well worth considering the undeniable fact that it'll be winter soon and you'll need your jacket back.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.