Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think he may have liked me but I realised too late... what should I do?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I sat next to this guy in AS Chemistry and we hit it off from the very first lesson, I remember he rested his head on my shoulder when our teacher was boring us with an introductory powerpoint. I was alarmed at first because I had just met him but as the year progressed we became quite close.

One day, I straightened my hair and I was entering a class that he was leaving. When he saw me he did a double take and stared at me alongside his jaw dropping, but I thought nothing of it.

The next year he was in my A2 Mathematics class and when I walked into the classroom in the first lesson he immediately demanded that I sit next to him which I did. We were partners for every activity. As the year progressed we always argued and teased eachother (our Mathematics teacher likened us to an old married couple) and he would always hug me in the class when I was feeling down/ compliment me on my intellect and take an interest in how I was doing emotionally. When we spoke, he always looked me in the eye and I did the same. I did not feel anything for him at the time, I just thought we were good friends.

We were quite close within the confines of the classroom, but outside of the classroom he often came across as cold and did ignore me sometimes.

Anyway, we have now parted ways for university and it just dawned on me that he may have liked me after catching up with some friends from school and talking about him, they told me he was asking after me etc... Did he like me? and if so can anybody explain his behaviour?

I don't know what to do as I cannot stop thinking about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfinitePi)
    Basically, I sat next to this guy in AS Chemistry and we hit it off from the very first lesson, I remember he rested his head on my shoulder when our teacher was boring us with an introductory powerpoint. I was alarmed at first because I had just met him but as the year progressed we became quite close.

One day, I straightened my hair and I was entering a class that he was leaving. When he saw me he did a double take and stared at me alongside his jaw dropping, but I thought nothing of it.

The next year he was in my A2 Mathematics class and when I walked into the classroom in the first lesson he immediately demanded that I sit next to him which I did. We were partners for every activity. As the year progressed we always argued and teased eachother (our Mathematics teacher likened us to an old married couple) and he would always hug me in the class when I was feeling down/ compliment me on my intellect and take an interest in how I was doing emotionally. When we spoke, he always looked me in the eye and I did the same. I did not feel anything for him at the time, I just thought we were good friends.

We were quite close within the confines of the classroom, but outside of the classroom he often came across as cold and did ignore me sometimes.

Anyway, we have now parted ways for university and it just dawned on me that he may have liked me after catching up with some friends from school and talking about him, they told me he was asking after me etc... Did he like me? and if so can anybody explain his behaviour?

I don't know what to do as I cannot stop thinking about him.
    I'd love to be able to tell you, but I'm not telepathic.

No-one, apart from him, will ever really know if he liked you. Sure, we can make an assumption based on what you've told us, but for all we know you could have been wrong about his actions or what he was doing.

If you really want to know, talk to you. Get back in contact. If it's so, invite him out for coffee/dinner/movie. Long distance can work.

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to give you a definite yes or no answer as to whether he liked you. However it does sound like he was/is fond of you based on the hugs, wanting to be your partner in class etc. Do you have him on Facebook? If you do, I'd say there's no harm in messaging him asking how he is or how's Uni prep going and go from there really. If you got on so well at school, getting in contact should be a doddle. x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.