Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm always so indecisive about everything. When I was choosing my AS subjects, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, so I chose some random subjects which allowed my choices to stay open (which didn't really help, ironically). Then I started to think about what I wanted to study at univeristy but just didn't know what to study, and jumped around between different things like law, finance, french(?)...now I don't know whether to drop English or History next year, and I'm not sure what uni to go to....help me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm exactly the same! I changed my mind several times on what degree I wanted to apply for, eventually stuck to one, applied, got all offers, and then decided I didn't want to do it and so emailed my firm choice asking to change to a degree I'd previously considered :lol: but I've finally stuck to this and know I'll be happy, it just takes time. I recommend giving a lot of thought into your options and not rushing for the sake of making a decision you may regret

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningdoritos)
    I'm always so indecisive about everything. When I was choosing my AS subjects, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, so I chose some random subjects which allowed my choices to stay open (which didn't really help, ironically). Then I started to think about what I wanted to study at univeristy but just didn't know what to study, and jumped around between different things like law, finance, french(?)...now I don't know whether to drop English or History next year, and I'm not sure what uni to go to....help me
    I would over the summer get some work experience in relivent sectors, ie ask a local accountancy firm for WE. Then for what you enjoy in the WE tailor your subjects and Uni courses around that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Honestly, I'm exactly the same! I changed my mind several times on what degree I wanted to apply for, eventually stuck to one, applied, got all offers, and then decided I didn't want to do it and so emailed my firm choice asking to change to a degree I'd previously considered :lol: but I've finally stuck to this and know I'll be happy, it just takes time. I recommend giving a lot of thought into your options and not rushing for the sake of making a decision you may regret

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you change from and to? I'm glad it worked out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hlyon200)
    I would over the summer get some work experience in relivent sectors, ie ask a local accountancy firm for WE. Then for what you enjoy in the WE tailor your subjects and Uni courses around that.
    Unfortunately all the places I applied to this year turned me down
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What did you change from and to? I'm glad it worked out for you!
    Evolutionary/Biological Anthropology to Biological Sciences and History thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't make a decision to save my life, you're not alone.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Changing Skies)
      Evolutionary/Biological Anthropology to Biological Sciences and History thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
      wow that's a big change! Did you have to rewrite your personal statement?

(Original post by Maid Marian)
      I can't make a decision to save my life, you're not alone.
      Glad I'm not alone
      • TSR Support Team
      • Community Assistant
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      wow that's a big change! Did you have to rewrite your personal statement?
      It is! Thankfully not, I literally just emailed the uni, they looked at my application and said it was fine to swap

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.