Age requirement Watch

Deepnight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i'll be exactly 17 at the begining of the year i want be studying in this uni...is there a lower age recuierment as there is in many unis??? was anybody in the same situation and got accepted???

Thanx
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
I know people who started at UCL when 17. And there have been people who started when even younger.
*Claire*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think often unis accept you at 17, any younger can be a problem. However some unis won't let you live in halls (insurance reasons probably) so check that out. I know of 1 girl who lived in UCL halls from 17 (she was 18 in December) & I'm sure there are others.
callumph
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When I was at UCL there were several people who had come up one year early, and at least one who had come up two years early.

From what I've heard one year shouldn't be a problem, and although two years sometimes causes concern it seems to be regarded as preferable to going straight into the second year.

Others have suggested that where students are potentially going up two years early they should to be encouraged to take a year out at 16 for work/broader study/travel and then go up one year early.
Wangyyyyyy
Report 12 years ago
dont worry pal~~~i came2 UCL when i was just 17......no-one cares about ages.....

errrrr.......if u want Student oystar card, u have2 be over 18......but anyway u can apply in anytime after ur 18th birthday......
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads