Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    These are the conditions of The University of Tokyo.I must do this.Do you have any idea of the difficulty level of this grade(37)?

ReputationRep:
    37 points without TOK and EE is pretty difficult I'd say but it depends on the school. Some IB schools get an average of 37 points every year whereas some only get 27 points.

If you look at the report IB published for May 2013 results, majority of the students only got 30 points (including TOK and EE)
    You can have a look at it here, it's page 16

ReputationRep:
    I got 37 in my mocks without core points. I don't think it is too hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I got 37 in my mocks without core points. I don't think it is too hard.

Are u hardworking ? Does your friends know you as a nerd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normalİnsan)
    Are u hardworking ? Does your friends know you as a nerd?
    I am hard working and the IB requires hard work, otherwise what is the point of aiming high? However, I put in the minimum effort required for the mocks.

I have never been called a nerd and I think it's shameful that you may consider someone as such just because they are able to maintain high grades.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean that you are a nerd.We are in different cultures.So,my question was for understanding the depth of the word ''easy''.Maybe you are a german and so diciplined people and maybe I'm a lazy culture people.How can I understand the thing that you said ''easy''.So I wanted to measure the reflex of your society and understand the difficulty level.Whatever,I'm sorry ıf I made you upset.Thank you for answering

ReputationRep:
    These are the conditions of The University of Tokyo.I must do this.Do you have any idea of the difficulty level of this grade(37)?
    I got 37 from my subjects, it's definetly achievable. You just need 766666 or 776665, etc. it's not too hard to do.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is going on at my title???

Girls be calm

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean not doing TOK and EE or not counting the extra points? Not doing CAS/TOK/EE is a failing condition, so you have to do them or not get the diploma.

If you mean that the offer is 37 without counting any extra points, then yes of course its doable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LolaLowe)
    Do you mean not doing TOK and EE or not counting the extra points? Not doing CAS/TOK/EE is a failing condition, so you have to do them or not get the diploma.

If you mean that the offer is 37 without counting any extra points, then yes of course its doable.
    Without counting extra point.But ı afraid from biology most.

ReputationRep:
    Without counting extra point.But ı afraid from biology most.
    Did you do HL or SL Biology? What are you predicted to get and do you have to have a particular score in Bio to meet the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Did you do HL or SL Biology? What are you predicted to get and do you have to have a particular score in Bio to meet the offer?
    I'm planning to take 6 from BİO HL.İf it doesn't is must be 5 at least.So at least 5.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to take 6 from BİO HL.İf it doesn't is must be 5 at least.So at least 5.
    Totally doable, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Totally doable, good luck!
    Thank you for support and advices

ReputationRep:
    Honestly the IB is all about effort and if you put that in I can assure you, you can get even higher than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachbanana)
    Honestly the IB is all about effort and if you put that in I can assure you, you can get even higher than that!
    Ohh,ı was just started to study.Thank you for it

ReputationRep:
    I just got my results, 41 overall and 38 academic points. All that I can say is yes, you do have to work hard. But I was never quite a nerd, I had time to go out and enjoy myself. just keep up with ur studies and learn to enjoy learning!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.