Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey TSR!

right so basically, for the past 4-5 years, since I started to listen to music on a regular basis, every year I'm having to look for new earphones.

I like those in-ear ones, but every one of them, within a year or less, all of them seem to malfunction at the jack-end, to which either the left or right ear breaks.

Can anyone tell me of earphones that are durable, ie will last me at least 2 years to the good without having to worry about getting a new pair, spending more money.
    they should also be of good sound quality, with a nice bass range+ frequency or whatever (they should sound clean)

My budget is £20 max, but only if it's a certain durable one...I've brought pairs around that price which have let me down (ideally it would be max £15, but I can stretch that extra fiver :P)

PS: earphones I've tried:
    1) JVC XXX HA (something) (the big ones, usually red cord) [twice]
    2) Creatives ep-630 (loved these, but alas just broke now for aboslutely no reason (no visible sign of damage though))
    3) Skullcandy titans
    4) sony earphone...not sure of the make...(one of my very first ones, lasted 1.5-2 years i remember...can't seem to find those anymore though)
    5) Also have had standard earphones which are given when buying new phone

I've heard people talk about sennheisers as very good..however they can sometimes be over £20, and some still say that they may not last as long

ReputationRep:
    never mind just saw your budget.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.