The Student Room Group

Minecraft Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LukeyJB
I've been working on the spawn area for my server, it's taken a hell of a long time so far.

If you need any help building it I could help as I have some free time (if the server is online and you're not making it in singleplayer or w/e)

Original post by the_human_oreo
Well it is for charity and there are prizes up for grabs

Oh well that's good, didn't know that :P
Woohoo its about time there was a Minecraft thread! :biggrin: I love the game and play it pretty much all day every day and would even go as far to say its my all time favourite game. Me and my bf play on our own server with friends too.

Lately we have taken a break from vanilla Minecraft and are now using the Tekkit modpack. Any of you guys played Tekkit? We also use the dimensional door mod which is bloody scary!
I love vanilla Minecraft but Tekkit makes a nice wee change :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
Looks good so far.

Are you going to share the ip/url with us so we can join when you are finished?? :smile:

Yeah I will :smile:

Original post by ozzie2
If you need any help building it I could help as I have some free time (if the server is online and you're not making it in singleplayer or w/e)

Building it on SP at the moment!
Reply 23

Yeah I've played tekkit but I feel modpacks are really hard to get into unless I put a lot of time into learning it, it's like learning Minecraft but harder concepts instead of just putting stuff into a crafting table

Original post by LukeyJB

Building it on SP at the moment!

Ahh ok no worries, would love to join it if you give out the ip when it's finished and online :smile:
Original post by ozzie2
Yeah I've played tekkit but I feel modpacks are really hard to get into unless I put a lot of time into learning it, it's like learning Minecraft but harder concepts instead of just putting stuff into a crafting table

Yeah I do agree Tekkit can take a while to get into and the crafting of new items is quite difficult but its a nice change if you have the time to get to know the modpack :smile:

Are any of you guys good at making red stone machinery? I just can't seem to grasp it. Also do you guys always play on survival mode or sometimes creative? I find creative boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Firstly: Farlands or bust.
Secondly: Hella yes Mindcrack in general.
Thirdly: Minecraft, how I love you and hate you. I owe Minecraft for letting me meet many of my amazing online friends :biggrin: playing on public servers and private ones and talking to people all around the world had helped shape who I am today.
If any mindcrack fans watch Millbee's streams you can probably find someone to get me to pay attention (laziest stream mod ever).
Millthong forever.

TLDR: Minecraft. :smug:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Private Tekkit/FTB Servers >
Reply 27
Original post by Yasmin25
Yeah I do agree Tekkit can take a while to get into and the crafting of new items is quite difficult but its a nice change if you have the time to get to know the modpack :smile:

Are any of you guys good at making red stone machinery? I just can't seem to grasp it. Also do you guys always play on survival mode or sometimes creative? I find creative boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's fun learning about a new modpack, and very cool to learn new things.
I used to play creative often, but got bored of it like you do. I play survival most of the time now
www.minesteria.com

I ran a pretty successful server last year but gave it up after I lost interest, restarting a new one. The server isn't actually open yet, though.
I guess I missed that out.

Back on the topic, has anyone tried the Minecraft 1.8 update?
I haven't played Minecraft in a year. Is the community growing, dying out or still the same as it was?
Original post by HassanD
I haven't played Minecraft in a year. Is the community growing, dying out or still the same as it was?

Tbh I would say the 'fandom' and popularity of Mineceaft have been dying out for a while but its still as amazing as ever to its loyal players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by HassanD

The community is still pretty big, there are loads of servers that are very popular, I feel that as others move on from the game, new people join.
As I'm coming up on the Summer of Year 11, me and my friends are gonna record a series on the Attack of the B team modpack!

I'll let you know when the series is starting, but in the mean-time, got any modpacks we could do series' on?
Original post by HassanD

I'd say the Vanilla Minecraft is slowing down a bit now, but modded Minecraft is really taking off!

Some modpacks I recommend:

Tekkit
Attack of the B team
Big Dig
TPPI
Hermitcraft Modsauce

Quick Reply

Latest