Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone had worked for or had an interview with Orridge. I am looking for work over the summer and came across vacancies for casual Stocktakers with Orridge and I have being invited for an assessment day and interview. I’ve found a few posts about experiences working there but I can’t seem to find anything about what to expect at the assessment/interview.

I was just wondering if anybody had any experiences, what to expect for the interview, what they’re looking for in candidates and any general tips really, would be greatly appreciated. I’m not that experienced with interviews and such and have only ever had one job as a sales assistant. I'm a pretty shy person so I find interviews, especially the group ones pretty daunting but I really need to find work as I really need to be earning some money.

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlauraxmayx)
    Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone had worked for or had an interview with Orridge. I am looking for work over the summer and came across vacancies for casual Stocktakers with Orridge and I have being invited for an assessment day and interview. I’ve found a few posts about experiences working there but I can’t seem to find anything about what to expect at the assessment/interview.

I was just wondering if anybody had any experiences, what to expect for the interview, what they’re looking for in candidates and any general tips really, would be greatly appreciated. I’m not that experienced with interviews and such and have only ever had one job as a sales assistant. I'm a pretty shy person so I find interviews, especially the group ones pretty daunting but I really need to find work as I really need to be earning some money.

Thankyou
    Never heard of the company so decided to look them up and see what they do

From what I think, I would expect standard questions about your life that you'd find across most retail/employment jobs, as well as questions regarding your sales assistant job, and probably an assessment day/questions around how accurate you are, and paying attention to detail. Do you know if the interview is a group interview?

If you are nervous, try to be relaxed and if the worst comes to the worst, then fake confidence. You'll have to break out of your mould if you want to prove yourself and shine - how desperately do you want the job?

Remember that the interview is a two way conversation. It's a chance to find out what sort of a company you'll be joining, and why you should work for them

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    Never heard of the company so decided to look them up and see what they do

From what I think, I would expect standard questions about your life that you'd find across most retail/employment jobs, as well as questions regarding your sales assistant job, and probably an assessment day/questions around how accurate you are, and paying attention to detail. Do you know if the interview is a group interview?

If you are nervous, try to be relaxed and if the worst comes to the worst, then fake confidence. You'll have to break out of your mould if you want to prove yourself and shine - how desperately do you want the job?

Remember that the interview is a two way conversation. It's a chance to find out what sort of a company you'll be joining, and why you should work for them

Good luck!
    Thankyou, much appreciated

It sounds like it probably will be some kind of group interview/assessment, was just looking to see if anyone else had done this and what to expect. Basically the invitation says that the day will consist of a presentation about the company, assessment and an interview. And that I will be given the opportunity to gain practical experience using the scanning technology.

I've done one of the Asda magic sessions which is a group interview kinda thing, this was a few years ago before I started Uni and that didn't go well as I was so nervous, but then again I do have much more confidence since coming to uni than I did back then so hopefully this one will go better, if not it's all experience to work from I guess.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.