Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been in school in 2 years and now I'm starting college and one if the subjects I've chosen to take is business studies
    I yearn to understand the ways if the economy, stock market, interest rates and everything else business related because if I ever do win the lottery (lol) I don't want to be scammed out of my money because I've no idea how things work

I've previously studied business in school but as GCSE level and at the induction, the business teacher assured us that GCSE A level business studies would grant no favours even to those who studied it at GCSE. She assured us that It was completely different.

As I'm itching to pass and at least UNDERSTAND BUSINESS DIALECT, I'd like someone to help me. Please tell me how to study (huh) and what to read and where to get a glossary in which I can at least understand business lingo.

I wouldn't say I'm a brainy person but I sure am eager to learn. When I'm passionate and motivated to study something (as I am with business studies, among other subjects) I work to my core to do well. But this teacher is teaching people who already understand business talk and their minds are not as shut down as mine (because I've not been in education in 2 years)

So where can I get my mind all hot and steamed up fresh for studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samfxw)
    I haven't been in school in 2 years and now I'm starting college and one if the subjects I've chosen to take is business studies
    I yearn to understand the ways if the economy, stock market, interest rates and everything else business related because if I ever do win the lottery (lol) I don't want to be scammed out of my money because I've no idea how things work

I've previously studied business in school but as GCSE level and at the induction, the business teacher assured us that GCSE A level business studies would grant no favours even to those who studied it at GCSE. She assured us that It was completely different.

As I'm itching to pass and at least UNDERSTAND BUSINESS DIALECT, I'd like someone to help me. Please tell me how to study (huh) and what to read and where to get a glossary in which I can at least understand business lingo.

I wouldn't say I'm a brainy person but I sure am eager to learn. When I'm passionate and motivated to study something (as I am with business studies, among other subjects) I work to my core to do well. But this teacher is teaching people who already understand business talk and their minds are not as shut down as mine (because I've not been in education in 2 years)

So where can I get my mind all hot and steamed up fresh for studying.
    Reading the business news will help you understand what is going on. A lot of the time they will explain business concepts and views.

ReputationRep:
    You do all the work the teacher asks you to do; what else do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    depends on your exam board, however there isnt a huge difference between the two different boards, there are subtle differences for instance one lets you pick certain modules (or rather the teacher picks them) and the other is business as a whole, before you find out which one you are on there isnt much you can other than the required reading, and some.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.