Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The guy i fancy isn't coming to my party - how do I cancel it? Watch

I don't want anyone to know why i've cancelled it. I'm not going ahead with it and spending over £4k on people i don't really want to party with. He was the only reason i was planning it.

ReputationRep:
    You were going to spend £4k with the sole intention of hanging out with one person?

ReputationRep:
    Well money grows on trees for you doesn't it (if you are stating the truth). Why would you let 1 guy spoil your party?
    Just tell everyone your family has planned a family get together and the party won't occur.

(Original post by CemCakantemur)
    Well money grows on trees for you doesn't it (if you are stating the truth). Why would you let 1 guy spoil your party?
    Just tell everyone your family has planned a family get together and the party won't occur.
    credit card, dude.
    Yeah, i'll go along with some family drama that's come up.

(Original post by HexBugMaster)
    You were going to spend £4k with the sole intention of hanging out with one person?
    well, not really, but my main purpose was to have fun and win him over. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well, not really, but my main purpose was to have fun and win him over. lol.
    Well, if you're serious, there are other ways to win people over

(Original post by HexBugMaster)
    Well, if you're serious, there are other ways to win people over
    such as?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want anyone to know why i've cancelled it. I'm not going ahead with it and spending over £4k on people i don't really want to party with. He was the only reason i was planning it.
    WOOW 4K on a guy...

Do you have no self-worth. You may aswell give him the money.

ReputationRep:
    why would you cancel it? have a great bash without silly sod and make him jealous

ReputationRep:
    what were you planning to have at the party to make it 4 k. I can through a party on £100.

ReputationRep:
    such as?
    Well, I can't just give you a list of things, each solution is ad hoc and has to be tailored specifically to the situation. Find out what he likes, impress him, sweep him off his feet. In other words, be intelligent - allegedly spending £4000 is a long way from that. And Google will help you with general advice

ReputationRep:
    Are you from Made In Chelsea? Where did you get £4k from for a party? Is your dad Richard Branson? Who is the guy in question? Is it Robert Pattinson or Daniel Radcliff? Is your name Miley Cyrus?

Or is this a wedding party and you are the bride and the guy in question has jilted you?

(Original post by sooyoung*)
    what were you planning to have at the party to make it 4 k. I can through a party on £100.
    I was having a party in a city penthouse, so most of the cost was for the room and balcony. The rest was food catering by the hotel.

(Original post by noobynoo)
    Are you from Made In Chelsea? Where did you get £4k from for a party? Is your dad Richard Branson? Who is the guy in question? Is it Robert Pattinson or Daniel Radcliff? Is your name Miley Cyrus?

Or is this a wedding party and you are the bride and the guy in question has jilted you?
    Lol, I have a credit card so thought I'd put it to use, but I'd rather not if my crush isn't coming. I'm crushed.

ReputationRep:
    I think we're all going to assume you can pay said 4k off rather easily.
    couldn't you just meet up with this bloke and go clubbing together or whatnot? Would be a damn site cheaper.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually tried talking to this person? It's probably a bit cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Pay him the 4k to get in his bed. There is no girl I wouldn't bang for 4k

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be interested in a girl spending 4K just to get my attention. There's something called talking, it sometimes works. Don't be nervous and stutter, give it a go! Chances are, he likes you to.

Oh and about the party, if you have that cash to spend, leave it and have a good time, maybe you'll get someone else's ****

ReputationRep:
    ... you have a credit card? If it's yours, you must be over 18, and so I would have thought you had more sense than to think you need to throw such an expensive party to hang out with some guy. I don't know, I just don't understand how you have come to the conclusion that this is the way to win him over. Would it be your first relationship if you got together? Money and expensive things is not the way to go if you want to win someone over and be able to trust them.

(Original post by sliceofcake)
    ... you have a credit card? If it's yours, you must be over 18, and so I would have thought you had more sense than to think you need to throw such an expensive party to hang out with some guy. I don't know, I just don't understand how you have come to the conclusion that this is the way to win him over. Would it be your first relationship if you got together? Money and expensive things is not the way to go if you want to win someone over and be able to trust them.

(Original post by jabire3)
    I wouldn't be interested in a girl spending 4K just to get my attention. There's something called talking, it sometimes works. Don't be nervous and stutter, give it a go! Chances are, he likes you to.

Oh and about the party, if you have that cash to spend, leave it and have a good time, maybe you'll get someone else's ****

(Original post by Manitude)
    Have you actually tried talking to this person? It's probably a bit cheaper.

(Original post by tearteto)
    I think we're all going to assume you can pay said 4k off rather easily.
    couldn't you just meet up with this bloke and go clubbing together or whatnot? Would be a damn site cheaper.
    the thing is we met once just the two of us, but i don't know what he thinks of me [although we got on quite well] and we're both shy so this would've been the best way to see him as i wouldn't have the guts to ask him to meet me otherwise...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    the thing is we met once just the two of us, but i don't know what he thinks of me [although we got on quite well] and we're both shy so this would've been the best way to see him as i wouldn't have the guts to ask him to meet me otherwise...
    In that case I suggest a bottle of wine and a casual "hey, what's up?" on facebook. In that order.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.