Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So, I have court tomorrow. I can not attend. What happens next? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have court tomorrow over failing to send a logbook with a motorcycle that was sold. But I can not attend tomorrow.

I have just got back from the hospital. I was due to see the mental health crisis team, but they wasn't available until 7am. I wasn't sitting around waiting. I was told to go to my doctors in the morning if I no longer feel as low as I did. I agreed.

My mental health is pretty bad right now. I wanted to voluntarily admit myself to the mental hospital, but didn't get a chance so I now have to ask my doctor to do this for me.

But, I meant to be in court at 9am. I have to take a Mckenzie friend because I have Aspergers. The case is small, so I don't have or need a solicitor. I was told to not bother with one.

I was already fined for this in December 2012. But I was in prison during this period (computer hacking), and wasn't informed, so I appealed to have it re looked at so I can represent myself. I didn't sell the bike, my parents sold it whilst I was in prison to pay for the storage unit I had to store all my stuff in.

So, what happens now? What if I don't attend? I went 2 weeks ago, but the DVLA prosecutor wasn't there at the time so after waiting all day had to leave and be given another date.

I am not mentally stable enough to go to court. I have to go doctors tomorrow and sort this out.

I am so confused right now. I need some advice.

ReputationRep:
    For future reference - In Manchester, we have something called Sanctuary, which is open (i think) from 8pm - 6am and this is open for people going through a crisis to talk to someone. However if you're from nowhere near here, i'm sure there are people you could ring that could help you out too. Have you contacted Mind - the mental health charity? I volunteer with them and they do great work.

I hope it went well for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    I have court tomorrow over failing to send a logbook with a motorcycle that was sold. But I can not attend tomorrow.

I have just got back from the hospital. I was due to see the mental health crisis team, but they wasn't available until 7am. I wasn't sitting around waiting. I was told to go to my doctors in the morning if I no longer feel as low as I did. I agreed.

My mental health is pretty bad right now. I wanted to voluntarily admit myself to the mental hospital, but didn't get a chance so I now have to ask my doctor to do this for me.

But, I meant to be in court at 9am. I have to take a Mckenzie friend because I have Aspergers. The case is small, so I don't have or need a solicitor. I was told to not bother with one.

I was already fined for this in December 2012. But I was in prison during this period (computer hacking), and wasn't informed, so I appealed to have it re looked at so I can represent myself. I didn't sell the bike, my parents sold it whilst I was in prison to pay for the storage unit I had to store all my stuff in.

So, what happens now? What if I don't attend? I went 2 weeks ago, but the DVLA prosecutor wasn't there at the time so after waiting all day had to leave and be given another date.

I am not mentally stable enough to go to court. I have to go doctors tomorrow and sort this out.

I am so confused right now. I need some advice.
    I would let the courts know asap as if you don't attend court a warrant may be put out for your arrest. Trust me I've had to write many a letter in the past about it. So just make sure you don't ignore it and contact them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.