The Student Room Group

Best weight loss product?

Can anyone help me to select the best weight loss product to lose weight safely. Also, give me some other tips to reduce weight.

:gthumb:
(edited 9 years ago)
Try eating less and going for a jog.
Original post by JeffreyPhelps
Can anyone help me to select the best weight loss product to lose weight safely. Also, give me some other tips to reduce weight.

There are no legal supplements that aid weight loss other than placebo effect

Eat a calorie deficit and count your calories using my fitness pal
Reply 4
Who ever invents a product that really makes people control their weight will probably be the richest person in the world,

Since such a product does not exist, there is only will power to make one eat a calorie deficient diet.
5 pills a day of "stop eating so much ****" and 3 of "get off your arse and have fun working out"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Increase intake of salad and fruits it will help you to maintain your weight at constant range.
Original post by Angry cucumber
There are no legal supplements that aid weight loss other than placebo effect

Eat a calorie deficit and count your calories using my fitness pal

orlistat. So many whales at my surgery get given it when they really need to be told to sort out their diet. They just take a pill and think they can eat the same.
Reply 8
yohimbine or ECA stack.
Original post by illusionz
orlistat. So many whales at my surgery get given it when they really need to be told to sort out their diet. They just take a pill and think they can eat the same.

A quick google and I facepalmed so hard lol
Original post by HexBugMaster

:gthumb:

That the De Montfort pool? Seem to remember swimming in there once for some random comp.
I've heard Canadian scientists have developed a magic pill that will help you OP.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I've heard Canadian scientists have developed a magic pill that will help you OP.

Nah man, chinese scientists hate him with his red drink

Spoiler

Nah man, chinese scientists hate him with his red drink

Spoiler

Nah bro that's so last year. Vince Del Monte is selling a new Canadian pill that gets you shredded fast.
Original post by JeffreyPhelps

An Australian company Yourtea now ships one of their products (Tinytea) worldwide. It's hit Australia and America in the fitness media world (mainly instagram) by storm, and I follow a lot of Aussie fitness bloggers so I discovered and ordered it to give it a go. I can confirm it's not a dodgy laxative tea whatsoever. It didn't affect my *cough* bowel movements other than make sure I went regularly and healthily. When used alone, it really only helps you to feel good, aid your digestion and insides (kind of like a cleanse) and helps with bloating. If you ate a high calorie diet and drank the tea, it'd probably just only make you less bloated and whale-like after meals. But combined with a lower calorie diet at the very least, it helps your stomach flatten and you shift an extra few pounds while you're drinking it.

I realise it might sound a bit dodgy coming from someone over the internet, but honestly I have tried and tested it. Not a great taste, but if you do a 2 week detox on this stuff you'll feel awesome. I do not trust any of these "skinny me" teas and stuff, where people have openly told horror stories of them causing a serious laxative effect and tricking you into thinking they work as magic weight loss drinks.
But this is nothing like that. The only reason I bought it was after reading endless positive customer reviews on instagram and before/after pics by searching the hashtag #tinytea. It's like some magical green tea.

PS. Of course I recommend exercise and diet change as the most effective way of losing weight. I was just answering your actual title question.
Also eat 1200-1400 calories per day.
Do a little exercise each day, even if it's just walking to and from work/town instead of getting the bus.
Try and go for a jog/gym every few days, even if it's just for half an hour of intense work.
Make egg whites, salad, veg (no potatoes), fruit and chicken/fish your best friend.
Lean meat, little red meat, no fattening sauces (stews, curries, spaghetti is all a no). Steer clear of pastas and white rice, except for rare occasions or every couple weeks as a treat.
Don't make your salads fattening with lots of mayonnaise and dressings and potato salads. Just leaves, (with some of tomatoes, onion, cucumber, peppers etc), lemon juice and some chicken/tuna is good. Dinners should just really be fish or chicken with lots of vegetables most of the time. No puddings or sugary sweets. Eat berries.

The above is how Ive lost 5/6 lbs in the past month or so.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lou_100
An Australian company Yourtea now ships one of their products (Tinytea) worldwide. It's hit Australia and America in the fitness media world (mainly instagram) by storm, and I follow a lot of Aussie fitness bloggers so I discovered and ordered it to give it a go. I can confirm it's not a dodgy laxative tea whatsoever. It didn't affect my *cough* bowel movements other than make sure I went regularly and healthily. When used alone, it really only helps you to feel good, aid your digestion and insides (kind of like a cleanse) and helps with bloating. If you ate a high calorie diet and drank the tea, it'd probably just only make you less bloated and whale-like after meals. But combined with a lower calorie diet at the very least, it helps your stomach flatten and you shift an extra few pounds while you're drinking it.

I realise it might sound a bit dodgy coming from someone over the internet, but honestly I have tried and tested it. Not a great taste, but if you do a 2 week detox on this stuff you'll feel awesome. I do not trust any of these "skinny me" teas and stuff, where people have openly told horror stories of them causing a serious laxative effect and tricking you into thinking they work as magic weight loss drinks.
But this is nothing like that. The only reason I bought it was after reading endless positive customer reviews on instagram and before/after pics by searching the hashtag #tinytea. It's like some magical green tea.

Please.. No

its a fad, no science, just placebo at best.

There is nothing legal otc that works. Calorie deficit is king.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please.. No

its a fad, no science, just placebo at best.

There is nothing legal otc that works. Calorie deficit is king.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to get rude. I would have thought a similar thing before I tried it myself.

I was eating over 2000 calories a day when I first tried the stuff. Loads of bread and everything. Within 2 days I noticed the bloating relieved quite significantly when I didn't even know that was a possible consequence at the time.

I was also in the middle of editing my post. I'll go back to that.
Oxylean 1-3d is awesome. I've lost 4-5kg in about 3 and a half weeks and almost have a flat stomach. I'm 5 ft 6, and weighed 74kg when I started, and now I'm around 69/70kg. Granted it's mostly caffine that I feel but it suppresses appetite and gives you energy too. I feel great, just make sure you eat. I'm tending to stick to mostly protein and a handful of carbs but I've been impressed with the results.

I'm pretty sure I would've eaten more if I hadn't been taking the tablets, so there is the positive effect for me. I'm not sure what else it's done because I haven't tried to lose weight without taking them.

Edit: I should add, I've been very motivated and go to the gym at least 6 times a week. I highly doubt the pills will work if you only take them rather than exercising
(edited 9 years ago)
Omega 3 supplements + the diet advice above

Quick Reply

Latest