Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What salary are you realistically expecting to earn? Watch

ReputationRep:
    state expected career and salary please

ReputationRep:
    £28k + £3k bonuses on average is what my current workplace pays for graduates, and I have been told I stand a good chance of a graduate offer when I finish my placement. Otherwise, it varies from place to place, but around £25-30k seems to be the norm.

ReputationRep:
    Nursing, £67,000 per annum.

ReputationRep:
    However much is enough to live in a flat in London by myself, I guess. (If I want to start a family I'll need to buy a bigger house and learn to drive, meaning I'd have to at least double that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    However much is enough to live in a flat in London by myself, I guess. (If I want to start a family I'll need to buy a bigger house and learn to drive, meaning I'd have to at least double that)
    If you are in central London you will want to be earning 100k+, even then you'll be living a pitiful existence.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Some sort of research chemistry (either academic or industrial) . Will probably start out on about £18k as science graduates are undervalued, but there are plenty of opportunities to rapidly expand into the £28-36k bracket :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Pharmacology

Internet says £20-23,000

ReputationRep:
    Anything 30k +

I either want to be a midwife or a radiologist

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A job I've applied for as a Pharmacy technician offers around £18,000 - £22,000. So that, for now.

ReputationRep:
    If someone could just give me a job, that'd be greeeeeat...

Although I'm not so sure about the direction I'm going to take now that I've graduated I think, realistically, I'd be happy so long as I was earning £18,000 and above, per annum. Right now, though, I think I'd bite off someone's hand to do just about any job. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I want to work in the public sector, especially youth offending, which is 20-29G.

ReputationRep:
    Failing that, modelling lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyanaRulesz)
    Failing that, modelling lol
    Trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Medicine , so 30-60k?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here want to model?

ReputationRep:
    £35k, but who knows maybe £100s of k...

ReputationRep:
    Teacher - £30,000 woop!

ReputationRep:
    Chemical Engineering - £35,000-£65,000. Whilst it is quite a big range it is wholly dependent on what level you are qualified to, a chartered chemical engineer would clearly earn more than a recent graduate.

ReputationRep:
    Around 15 k for a start would be fine. Law graduates in my country don't really earn a lot (or anything for that matter) at the start of their careers, so I'd be surprised if they even pay me with peanuts!

ReputationRep:
    About £25000 to start and if all goes well in 10 years about £80000

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.