Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the Northumbria university student handbook, it states that at levels 3 and 4, students will need a level average of 30%, and level 5 average of 40%.plus, students must complete all components and pass each module with pass mark of 40%.
    So does that mean if I have got 40% in each module but an overall level average of 35% for example, I would have passed the year? I'm confused because surely we require 40% as the level average to progress to next academic year? Does that mean the level average of 30%+ is a pass?

ReputationRep:
    If you have got 40% in each module, you will have exactly 40% as level average.

If you are Level 3 & 4, a level average of 35% would allow you to progress into next academic year.

If you are Level 5, a level average of 40% would NOT allow you to progress unless you have achieved at least 40% anyhow in the resit. Otherwise board will ask you to repeat.

---

I just have collected my result last week, the result for undergraduate should be released this Friday I suppose? At this time you can email your tutor to provide you a full set mark, if you still feel confusing, your tutor can clearly explain to you about whether you can progress into next level with your marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novezeil)
    If you have got 40% in each module, you will have exactly 40% as level average.

If you are Level 3 & 4, a level average of 35% would allow you to progress into next academic year.

If you are Level 5, a level average of 40% would NOT allow you to progress unless you have achieved at least 40% anyhow in the resit. Otherwise board will ask you to repeat.

---

I just have collected my result last week, the result for undergraduate should be released this Friday I suppose? At this time you can email your tutor to provide you a full set mark, if you still feel confusing, your tutor can clearly explain to you about whether you can progress into next level with your marks.
    So is level average basically average of all modules? Eg module 1: 65%, module2: 68% and module 3 : 75%, would mean my level average is 69.3% overall? Or would it be
    Weighed against the credits?
    So if mod 1 and 2 are worth 20 credits and third is worth 10 then would it calculated like this :
    65/100 x 20/120
    68/100 x 20/120
    75/100 x 10/120?
    I called the faculty at the university to ask about results day and they said it's available on 8th july on my marks at 12 pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherinchem)
    So is level average basically average of all modules? Eg module 1: 65%, module2: 68% and module 3 : 75%, would mean my level average is 69.3% overall? Or would it be
    Weighed against the credits?
    So if mod 1 and 2 are worth 20 credits and third is worth 10 then would it calculated like this :
    65/100 x 20/120
    68/100 x 20/120
    75/100 x 10/120?
    I called the faculty at the university to ask about results day and they said it's available on 8th july on my marks at 12 pm
    The latter is correct. Don't call faculty... email your programme leader or tutor you feel close with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novezeil)
    The latter is correct. Don't call faculty... email your programme leader or tutor you feel close with
    I had emailed my guidance tutor but because I only have access to half of my results so far he said theres no point in discussing it till we have your results

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.