Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i met someone due to a work thing a few months ago , he hinted that he was interested and my friend said me fancied me we havent seen each other since but i have his number, thinking i kind of want to meet up. but i dont know how to go about this should i just text hey or should i send something random that would grab attention ,then text that was ment for someone else , but then try start a conversation that way so its not obvious?
    idk what to do haha i know he lives local but we havent seen each other since then and he got my number as he asked my friend for it to text something work related to me, we diddnt exchange numbers in that way

ReputationRep:
    If he fancies you he should text you, no? But if he shy then go for it...
    so you'd text and say simply, shoot a "waht's up?" or something, no? That should be fine,
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i met someone due to a work thing a few months ago , he hinted that he was interested and my friend said me fancied me we havent seen each other since but i have his number, thinking i kind of want to meet up. but i dont know how to go about this should i just text hey or should i send something random that would grab attention ,then text that was ment for someone else , but then try start a conversation that way so its not obvious?
    idk what to do haha i know he lives local but we havent seen each other since then and he got my number as he asked my friend for it to text something work related to me, we diddnt exchange numbers in that way
    Why not text him and say 'hey, fancy a coffee?' And then you can arrange to meet up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try and reference something you remember from the conversation with him and take it from there. In my experience the guy has always been the one to ask to meet up for a coffee after a few text exchanges.

(Original post by AyanaRulesz)
    If he fancies you he should text you, no? But if he shy then go for it...
    so you'd text and say simply, shoot a "waht's up?" or something, no? That should be fine,
    i think he hasnt done anything as it was so long ago lol

ReputationRep:
    text him what you think

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.