Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EY School Leaver Programme 2015 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, the application date for EY's School Leaver Programme 2015 (ie you start in Sept 2015) has just opened - 1st July 2014. Nice and early!
    Information and application form (you need to click on the "offices" links on right hand side) can be found here

http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Careers/Stud...aver-programme

Looks like you need min. 300 UCAS points, and B's (or higher) in Maths or English GCSE (or equivalents) and is a strong alternative to the classic University route.

Any thoughts or experiences on this route out there?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently applying for this now, spoke to my A-Level accounts tutor about it and he said its a good programme and company to get into. Fingers crossed I get somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck! Which office/role are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Audit at Liverpool are you going to apply?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure yet. Looks really tempting. What sort of salary would you be earning if you got the job?

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean by 'earliest availability date'? Also how do you put in your GCSEs and predicted A Level results as it just says GPA and education level?

ReputationRep:
    not sure haven't applied. Perhaps best to get advice from EY direct? They have an email and twitter handle on the site...[email protected] or Tweet us @EY_SchoolsUK

ReputationRep:
    There is a section later on the application where you write down your A-Levels. It doesn't ask for your GCSE's, but it does ask if you meet the GCSE requirements. And I am clueless about the whole GPA stuff.

ReputationRep:
    They have a recruitment helpline give them a call 0800 289 208

ReputationRep:
    Just sent my application off, just gotta do the online Strength Assessment now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice one. How did you resolve the GPA issue? Did you contact EY?

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to my accounts tutor and he said it was an American thing so leave it blank as it isn't required and if they have any queries about it EY will get in touch with me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck with it, and thanks for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    Also, for all those interested in them, working there and what they actually do, EY are holding a twittertakeover today by the look of it.

http://ukcareerguide.ey.com/schools/...school-leaver/

ReputationRep:
    And they turned me down ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaronrimmer)
    And they turned me down ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get through to the situational judgement test? I took mine a week ago and still haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    Their entry requirements are a bit high :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomooseN)
    Did you get through to the situational judgement test? I took mine a week ago and still haven't heard anything
    Was that the strengths test you get straight after sending your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaronrimmer)
    Was that the strengths test you get straight after sending your application?
    Yeah, that was a situational judgement test

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did mine on Sunday, maybe it depends on which office you applied to? Which did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.