The Student Room Group

Leaving one university after first year starting at a new one in september

Have left my university I attended in 13/14 after completing the first year, but I'm going to a new university starting all over again on a new course.

I'm not sure what will happen to the loan I got, will I have to repay anything back?

If so I can't afford to go university on September as they've decreased my loan from last year by 500£ and my rent is 1000£ more than what I get plus I'm still trying hard to pay off my overdraft last year got me..

University is really turning out to be more hassle than what it's worth..
Reply 1
Original post by Zyekanz
Have left my university I attended in 13/14 after completing the first year, but I'm going to a new university starting all over again on a new course.

I'm not sure what will happen to the loan I got, will I have to repay anything back?

If so I can't afford to go university on September as they've decreased my loan from last year by 500£ and my rent is 1000£ more than what I get plus I'm still trying hard to pay off my overdraft last year got me..

University is really turning out to be more hassle than what it's worth..

As you've completed your first year, your grants will not be repayable and your loans will be repayable under the standard terms i.e. As a percentage deduction from your earnings once they pass the repayment threshold.

So you won't have anything to repay in the immediate future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending