The Student Room Group

How to deal with the thought of my sister being "sexually active"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stinkum
Yeah same here, except it's my brother who's the person in question. It feels really weird and uncomfortable knowing what's going on, it makes me feel sick, especially considering the woman's situation and circumstances. So much cringe. Definitely can't look at him the same way. I knew something was going on for a long time, but recently I confirmed it...eeww. I wish I never found out and remained in blissful ignorance, that would have been much better. Honestly, why do people do stuff like this and allow their siblings to find out about it? At least try to hide it so no one finds out.

What?! It's called living your life. Who cares what siblings think?!

Low emotional intelligence in this thread.
'There is in human beings an instinct both natural and praiseworthy to want to protect the chastity of their relatives and siblings' st Augustine
Everyone here who says its abnormal of you to think this way is naive and ignorant of human nature tbh.
Loooool Not much you can do. That's why marriage was invented bitches.
Reply 22
Original post by Harrie Lyons
'There is in human beings an instinct both natural and praiseworthy to want to protect the chastity of their relatives and siblings' st Augustine
Everyone here who says its abnormal of you to think this way is naive and ignorant of human nature tbh.
Loooool Not much you can do. That's why marriage was invented bitches.

this x5

OP don't worry about it too much,it's perfectly normal to feel the way you do. At the very least, it shows you've testosterone,you should be proud :biggrin:.

As for your conundrum, I'm afraid there isn't really a terrible lot you can do on your own and it somewhat depends on your sister as well.I'm the baby sister in my family(with 2 older brothers) and I personally always took their feelings/opinions ,with regards to things like these, into account-they're family after all.
Idk what your sibling is like really, but maybe talk to her about the issue?(in a non-weird way obvs)
(edited 9 years ago)
If she was younger, say 15 then I'd agree... she's 20 so get over it
I think you've got to learn to see your little sister as a full and complex person, sexuality and all. It's good that you still have a strong big sibling instinct, but there's nothing wrong with her having sex, as long as it's consensual and safe. She's 20. She's a grownup, and (I'm genuinely sorry if this sounds harsh, I'm just trying to be as frank as possible) if you can't handle her having grownup sexual relationships, that's your problem, not hers.
Original post by P357
this x5

OP don't worry about it too much,it's perfectly normal to feel the way you do. At the very least, it shows you've testosterone,you should be proud :biggrin:.

As for your conundrum, I'm afraid there isn't really a terrible lot you can do on your own and it somewhat depends on your sister as well.I'm the baby sister in my family(with 2 older brothers) and I personally always took their feelings/opinions ,with regards to things like these, into account-they're family after all.
Idk what your sibling is like really, but maybe talk to her about the issue?(in a non-weird way obvs)

I doubt there is a non weird way of talking to his sister on this issue.....
OP, just extinguish whatever thoughts you have in your mind and never speak/write it again. Worry about your own life.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Solemn Rain
I doubt there is a non weird way of talking to his sister on this issue.....
OP, just extinguish whatever thoughts you have in your mind and never speak/write it again.

Well,my own siblings used to scare off anyone that showed that kind of interest in me. It got irritating but then I kind of realized that that's sort of normal and could be useful,so I figured I might as well consider their own opinions as well. Though I suppose that was easier since we attended the same schools so the social crowd was more familiar.
Dk, OP could try and meet the guy and see what he's like or whatever...
Who cares!? 99.999999999999% of the population will engage in sexual behaviour atleast once in their live.

She 20 not 12. She's a fully grown adult and its non of your business if she gives guys a **** *** or has sex with them. Butt out! Of! Her! Business!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending